Metrel Testers

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by unphased, Nov 22, 2007.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Used to be Alphatek

Went to a roadshow today at Edmundsons and had four of my meters calibration checked. My Robin KTS1620 failed ( :( ) but the Megger, Fluke T3 and Alphatek clamp meter passed. While I was there the guy demoed a Metrel top of the range. Over a grand to buy. Apparently they are endorsed by NIC. Anyway, only thing I could see different was it does a x2 RCD test (yup!). On the continent they do 'em. So we might end up doing them too. Anyone any experience with Metrel testers? Must admit they don't look too good, look kinda tacky. But loaded with features.

UP

2. BusterGonad

BusterGonad New Member

Right, I'll sum this up as briefly as I can.

I'm a very experienced guy who's been around ( just like me missus ).

I want a no nonsense tester which will, at the end of the day, test my work at the push of a button.

I find the metrel testers provide this.

I hear all the nasty tales about them but personally have never experienced anything but greatness with them.

3. Joelp1

Joelp1 New Member

same here, nice tester.

Just a shame some ****** takes 9 days to calibrate it :(

4. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

If ya happy with yer lot Buster than stick with it! :)

Cheap Tat! ;)

5. Ian Curtis

Ian Curtis Member

Me too I have the Metrel EasiTest

Does Everything I need (unlike my missus):|

6. BusterGonad

BusterGonad New Member

If ya happy with yer lot Buster than stick with it!
    :)

Cheap Tat! ;)

I'll have you know, Sine, my missus aint cheap and she's by no means tat either.

Ya cheeky git :)

7. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

I'll have you know, Sine, my missus aint cheap and
    she's by no means tat either.

Ya cheeky git :)

Sorry Buster mate I didn't realise she wasn't from Liverpool! ;)

My sincere apologies!

8. gerrin2owd

gerrin2owd New Member

Just bought one as a back up for the megger, Metrel easitest. Looks good and when checked against the megger got very similar readings. Suppose time will tell.

9. libertad

libertad Member

i ve had the alphatek mi3000 for bout 7 weeks now great bit of kit ,had megger 1551 before it packed up . would say mi3000 much better.....

10. fabregas

fabregas New Member

Gotta metrel easitest I cannot fault it reliable , quick and easy to use so much so that my CM500 has been relegated to the bench.

11. jimmythemap

jimmythemap New Member

we've got 4 MI3100 and they're very good at domestic but seem to have a problem with Loop & Pfc on a 3 phase mains

apart from that Thumbs Up

12. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Mornin'

Mixed bag of comments. Looks like Metrel gets thumbs up on balance. Just had a quote for a repair to my KTS1620. £189+VAT. Told 'em no way. Until I can afford another decent multitester I might just get an RCD tester and that gives me a set of separates I can use in the meantime. Pain in the arris though. I've had the 1620 since the beginning so its served me well (4 1/2 years). I gather thats good for a tester, so can't complain.

UP