Migrating water pressure problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Colin Macdonald, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Colin Macdonald

Colin Macdonald New Member

Hi,

The shower in our ensuite seemed to be slowly losing water pressure, particularly hot water, although the other shower, taps and heating all seemed fine. The boiler is fine for pressure, but we have a Megaflo unvented cylinder that the manufacturer advised I replaced the air gap on, and the several minutes of gurgling as a result suggested there was an issue there.

However, the shower pressure was only slightly better as a result, but now the sink tap in the same bathroom only run at low pressure too. It's a mixer tap, with both hot and cold running at low pressure. Again, the other shower and taps elsewhere in the house all seem fine.

My assumption is that there's a blockage in the pipes leading to that particular room - and my turning the water off to replace the cylinder's air gap has moved the problem - perhaps into the tap itself because both hot and cold from it are affected. But perhaps another blockage also in the shower somewhere? I've swapped the shower head/hose with no effect.

I'm not comfortable removing and replacing taps/shower cartridges to see if there's a visible problem there, but anything else I can try before I call a plumber to take a look?

Many thanks for any thoughts/advice from anyone.

C.

2. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

blocked line strainer on mega flow. Get someone round to service it!!!

3. Colin Macdonald

Colin Macdonald New Member

Wouldn't that affect the whole property though?

C.

4. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Shower (not knowing the make) could have its own inlet filter which is restricted and the mixer tap could have a blocked aerator.
    it depends on how the plumbing is installed,set up and maintained.There are so many variations.

You need a plumber who is registered to work on un vented cylinders all straight forward stuff.