Mindless yobs!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by philthespark, May 25, 2016.

1. proby

proby Active Member

Must admit though there are a few graves I would like to **** on when they eventually get occupied

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The guy was English and we were in a Scottish building ....

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

**** on them now, not when their dead.

That a bit little sending flower for the dead, but never did when alive.

4. At the risk of this seeming to become a love-fest for me with KBJ's comments, I have to say I think you have pretty much summed up the Israeli-Palestinian conundrum beautifully in a single post.

As a hugely persecuted race during the war, the intended solution of their own state in t'Middle East was fully understandable (although it can be considered well-intentioned but perhaps misguided - what with the displacement of the indigenous people...).

But there it should have stopped.

What is not acceptable is for the seriously non-persecuted Jews - mainly living in the US and doing extremely well, thank you - to be considering Israel to be their rightful homeland and going there to build their second homes. On Palestinian land.

Sorry, mate - you are no longer a persecuted race. The full irony being it's other people who you are now persecuting.

For purely "Gawd gave us this land" barlocking reasons.

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ahh, that'll be why they fire rockets over the border at Israel then? Tell me DA, if you wanted a safe, peaceful place to bring up your kids, would you fall out with your stronger neighbour and make an enemy of him?

6. And that pretty well sums up the situation with all of us, in all our diversity.

It honest-to-gawd doesn't matter who you meet on an individual, one-to-one basis - the vast majority will be thoroughly decent, personable and fair.

Regardless of their background, ethnicity or religion.

And they - we - should be treated as individuals.

7. Oh dear, JJ.

You make things seem so simple. Unlike reality.

To answer your simplistic question, yes, I would - if driven to it.

8. That 'dignitary' is clearly as ignorant as as pig-*.

He is still in his post?

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  9. joinerjohn1

Unlike reality ???? Don't you read/ view the news then DA? Some years ago, they were firing off rockets like it was November the fifth. Israel retaliated with stronger force and the Palestinians wondered why. Palestinians were firing them from schools and hospitals too. Do some research if you don't believe me.

10. Oh, these bad bad Palestinians. Poor wee Israelis...

11. joinerjohn1

DA, come on, tell us what's your gripe with Israel ? You've mentioned Israel over the years and almost every time it seems to be with some degree of dislike, bordering on hatred.

12. JJ, I have no truck whatsoever with someone being Jewish or Israeli.

Or Palestinian. Or Iranian. Or even Welsh.

As long as they are nice people, who are decent and fair and respect all other humans

What I have a serious issue with is when a bunch of black-coated, ringlet-sideboarded twits with miniature top-hats stand near the border with Palestine, reading their bludy Torah, rocking backwards and forth, and proclaiming the land over the border as gawd-given - to them.

And watch - in smiling awe - as the bulldozers move in.

I have been to Israel, and have spent time with an ex-army bloke who described how the home of any Palestinian child who as much as threw a rock at them would be flattened. He considered that completely fair. He told us this as a matter of fact. He wasn't boasting. He wasn't looking for acceptance. He was just telling a story.

Of course, I also met Israelis in Tel Aviv who would accost me on the street as I walked around alone and would try and drag me to a museum which demonstrated the lengths some of them were going to to build political bridges with the Palestinians.

There are good and bad on both sides.

But one side is FAR more powerful. And uses that power.

That's all...

13. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

The worst of the whole situation is that successive generations are teaching their children to perpetrate the same cycle of mindless hatred. Most of my family are Irish - a nation not unfamiliar with sectarianism and while the quarrelling and fighting and killing each other with bombs and guns was going on, nobody was talking. The situation in Israel could be resolved, but only once the warring parties have no further appetite for the fight. The different factions could then be politicised and do their fighting with words rather than weapons. But while neither the Democrats or Republicans are prepared to do without the contributions from the lobby groups supporting Israel, it will never happen. Self interest in the US will keep it going for as long as they keep buying weapons and maintaining the status as America's only friendly state in the Middle-East. There is only one place the war could be stopped, and that is in Washington.

14. Perhaps if Obama could be given a third term...? :)

15. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

We went to an electric event last year and we got talking to a woman from a company in Wales, my mate was after some freebies and she wasn't, having.it,anyway she noticed my badge and commented on the surname and it was the Welsh spelling. I said it's because we originally came from the Rhondda valley many years ago.she gave me a big hug and joked about being abroad and meeting a fellow countryman, then she handed me a shirt and a posh silver pen.lol

16. What is it with the Welsh?! They hate the English!

(Quite normal, then...)

KIAB likes this.
  17. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Been going since 1066, we didn't mind the Romans too much :)

KIAB likes this.
  18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

AFAIK the Israeli states' specific aim is to drive the Palestinians into the sea and won't rest until they have.

19. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I don't know, met a Welsh girl at a rock concert years back, she didn't seem to mind the English. ;););):D:D

20. joinerjohn1

So why do the Palestinians insist on rattling the Israeli cage? Perhaps they need educating? (if the Israeli's don't blow their schools to bits first)