Mira shower problems

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by charlie11, Oct 30, 2014.

1. charlie11

charlie11 New Member

I am having problems with my Mira sport shower , it starts hot then goes cold and keeps on doing this, I have checked the filter which was a little dirty but made no difference. The shower head is clear and there seems plenty of power. I am not sure how to check the heating element, there are 4 electrical connections sticking out of the heater tank the nearest ones to the outside are linked with a plate, I believe these are the neutral side of the elements. I know it is long winded but I wanted to give as much information as possible.
    Any help much appreciated

2. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Check your water pressure and flow rate to make sure the the shower running hot then cold is not due to someone flushing the loo.
    If it is still under warranty then give Mira a call.
    If not then I would normally replace it.
    Up to you, Mira technical might give you some helpful advice but if something has gone on it the cost of the bits may be expensive.
    How competent are you carry out the repair? Water and electricity go really well together!
    Replace it.

3. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

What about the shower hose?
    Has it been changed recently?
    You do need the correct Mira hose and head for these showers.
    Agree with the above that it's almost certainly a fluctuating water pressure problem.
    Tappy,