Monobloc flexi tails too long...

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Cliffandher, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Cliffandher

Cliffandher Member

Hi, not a plumber so feel free to shoot me down... fitting a new basin to the clockroom and it came with the monobloc flexi tails, I am trying to hide the pipework the best I can but with the provided 400mm lengths the pipes will be hanging well below the sink and in full view, It is fitted to a stud wall where the supply and waste are hidden, I was planing on bringing out and cold out from the wall just below the tap then adding an isolation/service valve then connecting to the tails but the tails are so long it will look shi#, I have seen they come in 300mm but even this will be a lot of pipe to hide, is there anything else out there that I can use.

Attached Files:

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

So whats behind the stud wall, seeing as the waste is going out there is it not possible to take the flexis out the connect to hot and cold supplies the other side with ios valves etc.

3. Cliffandher

Cliffandher Member

Hi Dave, the otherside of the stud is the bathroom which I currently have opened up so I can move pipes around, I was hoping there would be something like 150mm monobloc tap tail, I have seen a straight flexi of 150mm but not with the mono connectors and because its a small wall hung there is not enough area to hide these pipes and the valves.

4. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

5. Cliffandher

Cliffandher Member

Thanks P man, that seems to be what I am looking for, not being a plumber and not knowing what is out there except looking through screwfix can be a pain.;)

6. Doall

Doall Active Member

7. Cliffandher

Cliffandher Member

8. Remloc

Remloc New Member

9. e30mark

e30mark Member

Our friends over at Toolstation do a 90deg Isolator valve which can be very useful.

You can also buy shorter flexi tails, if you move the pipe work over so it comes through the wall underneath the basin at the furthest point away from the tap you can usually hide the tails tucked up under the basin, sometimes you need to put a loop in the tail to loose some of the length.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing/d20/Valves/sd2696/90°+CP+Isolating+Valve/p82153

82153.jpg

10. e30mark

e30mark Member

11. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

...don't forget those service (ballofix valves) to keep within water regulations.

I don't know of any regulations that say you have to connect service valves to sink/basin taps to comply with water regulations?
    BTW, I wish and hope people will stop fitting those ballofix valves. If you even look at them they start to leak.
    It is ''good practice'' to fit isolation/service valves to basin, sink, etc, but it certainly is not a requirement that falls within regulations. For ball operated valves, yes it is a requirement.