Monobloc tap flexble tails question

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by windy*miller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. windy*miller

windy*miller New Member

I have a new basin tap to install. For reason of space/arrangement of existing pipework I'm planning to use flexible hoses rather than the copper tails it came with. The flexible hoses that I bought have two O-rings at the tap end. I'm just wondering - why two? Do you tighten it until the first one has disappeared down into the thread? Or until the first one is secure against the under side of the tap and the second one is still exposed. That doesn't seem likely but I'm not sure that I like the idea of forcing an O-ring into a threaded connection.

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Some have double O rings, basically a double seal, it will screw it all the way in, should be ok.

[​IMG]

4. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Also, lubricate the rubber seals with silicone spray before inserting into the taps. Do not over tighten, they just need to be pinched up.
    Fit the other end to these from our hosts 69358
    Don't put them straight onto a service valve, the sharp edges can split the rubber seal.

5. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

This is where the service valve with the smooth face is to be used.

6. Philde

Philde Member

These are intended to connect from service valve or any other 15mm compression fitting, to mate with the end of the flexible tap connectors that have a 3/8" BSP thread which seems to becoming more common these days.

FLTT38 Flexible Tap Adaptors 15mm x 3/8" 2 Pack (6089R)