More EU carp!

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by seneca, Sep 27, 2014.

1. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Latest EU carp, petrol lawn mowers! Some types of petrol lawn mowers will be banned. I know it's not an electrical subject but just goes along with vacuum cleaners, hair dryers, kettles, lamps etc. etc.

FatHands likes this.
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I best send the missus out to mow the lawn now,, before it's banned. :p:p:p:p

3. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Just as well i'm planning to put some artificial grass down in my garden John, suppose i'd better be quick before they ban that too!

4. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I suppose it is one way to start people buying things again.

I'm still a bit baffled by how a lower wattage kettle will save electric consumption, Surely it will just take longer to boil and use about the same amount of electric?

5. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Exactly right Cheb but you must remember that the people who think up these things have no idea what they're doing!

FatHands likes this.
  6. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Don't forget only use 1.5mm on non-lighting ctt's, even though it waste's more copper!

seneca likes this.
  7. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

How about a limit on the size of EU MP's and their hangers on? They would cost less to transport, less to feed, need smaller offices and only need those little hotel rooms you see in Japan :p

Cheburashka and seneca like this.
  8. joinerjohn1

I think, in this technological age we live in, these MEP's could theoretically conduct all EU business from their own homes via the internet. Same with that shower of ***** in Westminster. Would cut down on the need for travel allowances, expenses claims, second homes etc, etc.

teabreak and seneca like this.
  9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

This is why, when (if) we get the vote in 2017, it's time to get out and start ruling from this side of the water, to many faceless morons over there dictating how we live our lives.o_O

teabreak likes this.
  10. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Agreed Phil, UKIP for me and most of the people I know!

11. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

The more I see of Farage in action, The more I warm to him.

We pay £53million a day for some foreigners to tell us what we can and can't buy in our country.

12. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

I don't quite understand the media's constant harping on that UKIP take votes from the Tories, and so Labour will get in by default. Surely it's working class people living in the big cities that are most affected by issues like those surrounding immigration.

The middle class voter with a relatively well paid job is not worried that a foreign worker will undercut him, stop him getting a council house or change his local high street out of all recognition, to him ethnic diversity is having a cheap builder,trendy restaurant or "a simply wonderful" deli opening nearby.

A fair proportion of working class people make up one of the traditional groups that tend to favour the Labour party.

Me, I have voted every election for whatever party I feel is best (or if I am honest the one I think will **** up less) so I am the archetypal floating voter Labour, Conservative (yes Maggie getting in was partly my fault), Liberal and Independent I have given them a chance, and they have all been a pile of poo!

UKIP gets my vote at least it is making the other parties promise to do something!

seneca likes this.
  13. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

Phil they will only be replaced by our faceless morons spouting the same old SH*TE

14. flateric

Now that could ease our tax burden not paying that. We could use a few million of that rounding up the immigrant dross and giving them back to the frogs

seneca likes this.
  15. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Madness! Who on earth dreams all this carp up. Surely there are more important things to sort out before this?!

seneca likes this.
  16. Jeeez. Every time I managed to pull my life together, them EU coves knock me down again. It's like trying to swim in treacle. I am personally overrun with immigrants - hang on, 3 have just walked into my room completely uninvited ("Oi! You lot! Gerroff!")

I can't even cycle down my road now without wondering what laws they've put in place to stop me - I bet they'll ban rubber for tyres next 'cos rubber is smelly. I hear them Brussels lot are going to limit the number of 'pleasantries' we can shout to our neighbour in passing; it'll be a choice of 3 approved words chust in case anything else causes offence.

Sheeesh - the sooner we can get out of the EU the better. Life would automatically - without thinking about it - be MILES better. 'Cos of, er, things. Y'know? Stuff. Everything will be chust be BETTER I tell you.

Chust like skotland - that Salmond cove promised us everything, and we didn't grasp the thistle when we had the chance. He's like Nige - everything he says is great! And he's a great fellow! He's just like us! He's normal! He likes a pint! He has a big grin!

I bet he holds Westminster in contempt too! Yeah, me too. They're all shy**! All out for themselves! All crooks! All useless!

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Phew.

There endeth the Party Political Broadcast for the Critically Dysfuntional Politics Is A Piece Of Pish Party.

FatHands likes this.
  17. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Tis true, but at least we can vote them out if we don't like them.

Them in Europe haven't even been voted in, old boys school. :rolleyes:

18. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Did anyone here know that it's against the law to mow your lawn on a Sunday?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

19. joinerjohn1

Apparently it is against the law to mow your lawn on a Sunday,, if you live in Switzerland. ;);)

20. flateric

To replace them yet again with more :( . Sadly Phil they are a painful polyp on the anus of mankind :)

Phil the Paver likes this.