moretti shower

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by plumbers mate, Jan 2, 2009.

1. BDS

BDS New Member

Hows this sound,you give ME £900 for letting you fit it at mates rates.lol

2. tunwellsroofing

tunwellsroofing New Member

Yes,

What a load of **** !

I have had 5 now and this has just packed up ! The hot water feed fails after a few weeks. Same problem every time!

Can't change to another make as its in a fixed panel !

Not very pleased ...to say the least !

3. G Brown

G Brown New Member

They are indeed utter rubbish!

4. Kumar

Kumar New Member

Is MORETTI (22720) & SWIRL (97682) the same make or made by same company.They have similar design & specifications. I have just bought swirl thermostatic shower. Does any body have had problem with the Swirl Thermostatic Mixer Shower (item number 97682)?

5. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

They are both own-label rubbish. Avoid if you can.

6. Kumar

Kumar New Member

Thanks Hotdog,

Is there any similar shower you can recommend?

7. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

8. jimus

jimus New Member

I got a morretti shower and I have had 2 replacement cartridges and a whole new shower - still no hot water. Absolute rubbish! Will screwfix pay for the shower quadrant to be retiled if I am going to get a different shower??!!

9. debit cruncher

debit cruncher New Member

Will screwfix pay for the shower quadrant to be retiled if I am going to get a different shower??!!

Now that is an interesting question. Have you been in contact with them?, can you keep us informed on any progress you make.

10. jimus

jimus New Member

I have emailed them and I will let the forum know if I have success on that point. As someone has pointed out surely a reputable company should offer some form of compensation... I hope! Also I have asked about the 3 plumbers who have come out and all said that it's a fault and whether they will pay for them also.

11. Dutto

Dutto New Member

I have one of the "straight bar" type (heat control on right - flow control on left).

It worked for about two months last summer but then "locked" so that there is no temperature control at all.

Is there any way of dismantling the thing?

Best regards :eek:)

Dutto

12. pixipick

pixipick New Member

Ive just bought a Moretti Quadratto exposed shower ( Wish i hadnt after reading some of the posts ). Im having trouble removing the Grub screw so i can adjust the thermostat. At the moment its either freezing cold or hot enough to take your skin off. If anyone has re adjusted the cartridge setting could you talk me through it please.

Thanks.

13. G Brown

G Brown New Member

bin it!

14. pixipick

pixipick New Member

Not really the answer i was looking for....A valid point but it doesn't help much.

15. booth92

booth92 New Member

Is it a woman thing, my partner gets cold showers, mine are OK, the quadratto was simple to install but now shows the same problems. Does adjustment of the thermostat work or am I looking at a new shower

16. G Brown

G Brown New Member

as I said before - BIN IT

They are utter rubbish.

17. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Yup, scrap it. Fit something decent.Own label brands are always junk

18. plumb John

plumb John Guest

We bought a Moretti shower from screwfix  and now ours doesnt get hot either ! they have offered us a full refund if we return the shower to them ,easy said than done as ours is concealed behind our brand new tiles :) so now we have to pay a plumber to sort this mess out,has anyone pusued this matter further with Screwfix coz i am going to.
    Oh and can anyone recomend a shower that is any good ;)

19. G Brown

G Brown New Member

All the main brands are good: MIRA, Aqualisa, Grohe, Hansgrohe, Bristan.

It is only cheap nasty own-label brands like Moretti and Swirl that you should avoid.

20. mumbley joe

mumbley joe New Member

i have a moretti quadrata and is rubbish i see that some people have been able to get new  cartridges for it, they've had better luck than me!