motorised valves

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by mattytinter, Mar 22, 2015.

1. mattytinter

mattytinter New Member

Hello. Small bit of advise needed please. When I turn on hot water. The lower floor radiators come on too. I suspect it's a valve not opening or closing. The lower one goes to the hot water tank. The top two not sure. I have a boiler with a hot water tank. New build. Less than 4 years.
    By looking at the pic. What valve would be the suspect one ? Or is there some more hidden somewhere ?

Attached Files:

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

hello matty, I can see 3 valves there so i'm assuming one for hot water,one for lower floor and one for higher floor, so I suspect the one zoneing the lower floor is stuck open, o_O

3. mattytinter

mattytinter New Member

Ok Tom. Thanks for the reply. I think the two higher up motorised valves are for the radiators (heating) . It's a 3 storey house. The top 2 floors are seperate to the ground floor. So. It's one of those two that are next too eachover. Thanks I will see what ones broke.

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

easy way to find out which is,,,when your calling for hot water only, the pipe work should be cold at one side of those valves, so the one that's hot either side of the valve is the one thats stuck open, ;)

FatHands likes this.
  5. mattytinter

mattytinter New Member

Thanks. Will look tonight.