Moving a WC

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by macca, Nov 7, 2003.

1. macca

macca New Member

I'm looking at a complete bathroom refit and was wondering if theres any limits to how far a WC can be from the soil stack. We're in a first floor flat so all pipework goes vertically into the stack.

2. Nigel

Nigel New Member

It can be moved as long as a reasonable fall is maintained, and avoid sharp 90 degree turns.

3. macca

macca New Member

Many thanks Nigel!

4. Phil69

Phil69 New Member

hi Just thought i'd throw my pennies worth in an say that i'm doin plumbin at college at the moment an have checked a couple of books out an the regs seem to indicate that the maximum distance from ya soil stack is 5M for a toilet, as long as there are adequate cleaning/access points and an adequate fall (minimum of 1 degree fall).
    and its always a good idea to avoid tight bends where ever you can.
    the only other thing i think you've to watch out for is possible siphonage of traps caused by back pressure.
    if you're still have second thoughts.. check out plumbing, cold water supplies, drainage and sanitation by F Hall.

5. m3-m4fitter

m3-m4fitter New Member

Also remember the good old regs again...with Rodding eye access on every twist & turn..Just to make it interesting!