Moving an incoming gas mains

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Nigel Bailey, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Nigel Bailey

Nigel Bailey New Member

Digging up drive and find the mains gas pipe. National Grid advised it's my responsibility to get it moved.
    Great but who does this - obviously not your general heating gas engineer. Any ideas? Cheers

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Its my understanding that national grid are responsible for for all the pipework BEFORE the gas meter and that only themselves or subcontractors working for them are allowed to work on it,

3. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

How old is your house? Look at build date & check depth regulations at installation date, if its too high there's your ammo, if it's not, than it is your problem, I know someone who is network, he is fully qualified of coarse and will be happy oblige, you will also need a gas engineer (me) to purge and commission your gas supply once reinstated

4. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

TP is correct, spot on, ignore G&F.
    His network friend is probably as coarse as G&F's ability to use the English language! :)

5. G&W Plumbing & Heating

The gas transporter is responsible for the safe delivery of the gas providers product, they don't care if you want to move it unless you want to pay them lots of money, if national grid have advised its your responsibility to get it moved then I'm sure they know the law...unlike some people, and it's G&W... Your GF remember?

6. Glad its Friday

Oh yes, got a bit excited with the football, sorry about that G&W ! But you've still got to use their approved contractors unfortunately.

By the way it is 'you are' or 'you're', not 'your'.
    Got to keep the standards up :)

7. G&W Plumbing & Heating

If they say move it.. than move it,
    And people want help, not an English teacher who can't help

8. Glad its Friday

Actually I've provided the help, using your 'friend' who would move Transco pipework without permission could have got the op into deep, deep water. And just because I've a better grasp of the English language than you have (and probably the gas regs as well) is no excuse to get personal.

9. G&W Plumbing & Heating

10. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

Come on now guys, play nicely.:)

11. G&W Plumbing & Heating

He started it!..to many beers

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

coarse ???? yes his English is of course, ;)

13. G&W Plumbing & Heating

I didn't realise how **** my English is!

14. G&W Plumbing & Heating

How about "kiss my ****" is that correct English

15. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

Now Now!! Calm down G&W.;)

16. G&W Plumbing & Heating

Just had a brief look, you can obtain quotes from any registered UIP (utility installation provider) a list of operatives is available for viewing.
    Please ignore Friday lover watching the footie....

17. G&W Plumbing & Heating

Just had a brief look, you can obtain qoutes from any gas transporter that's a registered UIP (utility installation provider) x x x