Multi tool capabilities ...?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Tiny01, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I have the Bosch one, there was a circular punned collar which slipped onto the little studs, but cracked in half very shortly after use. Allen hey blade change is a nightmare also.

Fein were advertising the latest model, with 50% less vibration.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Perhaps it's time to buy some decent gloves now.

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Get yourself some Anti-Vibration Gloves, I have a pair, certianly cuts down the vibes when using petrol hedge trimmer, sds breaker, never tried them with my multitool though,mainly because they are well padded & it might be awkward using the tool that's put me off.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Some of it is technique as well, try to keep the tool and your hands steady and supported.

5. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

I wouldn't be without my Makita Multi Tool but apart from the vibration its the noise that is most off putting.

How did you get on with the noise in the school with the Fein Tiny?

6. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

No problems with noise at all really Steve , they relocate the kids into a spare class / hall & give me access to the classrooms , it's a but noisy but not in use constantly , the main tool that I use for cutting out is quite ( Holmatro cutting claw ) as used by the fire brigade does 99% of my work just use the multi tool for the awkward bits that I can't get the claw into .

7. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

Now that's using your head. Sounds like an expensive bit of kit. Did you hire it?

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I did try the Fein 350 at Axmisisters, its the cutting noise its still the same. Maybe just less vibration.

9. madhatter1uk

madhatter1uk Screwfix Select

The vibration post put me off . I've been thinking about getting one of these but if you can get anti vibration gloves. Where would i get them from?

10. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I have a fein multitool. Has no vibration and is what I would class fairly quiet.

11. madhatter1uk

madhatter1uk Screwfix Select

They seem to range in price from 60 pound up to 200, fein 250 is £110

12. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Anyone recommend me a reasonably price blade kit for the multi tool.
    As I'm in need of more blades.
    ta

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Saxton tools

KIAB likes this.
  14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

15. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

I had the Bosch cordless would stop and start but a great tool. Battery died.

I then opted for a dewalt 240v. Went for dewalt for the light and quick change blade.

Good bit of kit but I would go Bosch or fein if I had a choice now.

KIAB likes this.
  16. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Cheers. Ordered.
    SH20CS01 Saxton Blades Case Set £23.95

Yeh got the Bosch one.

tore81 likes this.