Multifunctional tester for assesment with NAPIT

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Jiten, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Jiten

Jiten Member

hi guys

im going to start my process of getting a membership with NAPIT. Business is not that great at the minute, but i would like to have the membership under my belt.

my question to you guys is what Multifunctional tester would you reccomend, bearing in mind my budget would be around £300-400. people have advised robin but im not a fan of the brand, another person has advised ETHOS 8400...

what you think guys

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Ive always purchased Kewtech stuff, mainly because that's what we used in college. I find their support very good too.
    If you keep an eye on ebay you can get a KT64 for about £200. I would add on some extra to get it calibrated when you buy it to make sure all is ok.

3. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

spinlondon likes this.
  4. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Fluke!

5. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I used to use expensive gear like Megger but got it all stolen. So I purchased a Kewtech KT63 which does everything I need it to do and is reasonably priced. Paying over a £1,000 for a tester is no longer necessary when Kewtech gear does the job and is much cheaper. I am not the type of person to advocate cheap for the sake of it because my philosophy has been, and always will be, quality over price. I like good quality stuff and will pay for it. I was sceptical about Kewtech because it was cheaper but having used it for three years now I am very happy with it and it is good enough to satisfy my philosophy. I won't look at Fluke or Megger its over priced for what it does.

6. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

I found the Metrel MI3000 to be a good piece of kit.
    Cost new the same as a second hand Megger, does most everything that a Megger or Fluke does. Has rechargeable batteries.
    Won't test B type RCDs, no Bluetooth and people may query low Zs values.