My boiler is leaking

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by okenshield, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Hey, Jazz. If you are going to invent something, then (a) make sure there's a demand for it and (b) believe in in to the point you don't have to become tetchy and defensive.

'Cos your reply above^^ was seriously unimpressive in my eyes.

FYI, I have a combi boiler. And it has leaked at least twice in the 10 years I've owned it. The first time was caused by rain water coming in the flue pipe due to a leaking gutter above, and the second - and ongoing - problem is due to a weird valve thingy which allows a dribble to come out whenever I top the boiler up.

In both cases, we are talking dribbles.

So I still wouldn't bother my ar** or my sporran to fit a drip-tray underneath.

Tell me, Jazz - how many boiler leaks result in a flood large enough to cause actual damage to the surrounding area?

2. jAZZbASS

jAZZbASS New Member

Thanks for all your comments and feedback, it has certainly helped me clarify a few things. I didn't actually feel techy or defensive but I appreciate my poor response came across that way, my apologies.

3. :D I'm most impressed.

Good luck with your invention, Jazz.

4. jAZZbASS

jAZZbASS New Member

Well actually DA not my invention, I am just involved in the sales element, but it always good to get the opinion of the guys at the sharp end... I'll let you know when I buy the Veyron.... :)

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Just rang them, appears the UK is outside there area, drat!