My Monday Rant

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by philthespark, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Davmac

Davmac Active Member

DA me n yous gonna fall out about drug sorry
    man as I agree with most of your points.

By stop growing the crop at source
    Pay the farmers more money for growing sustainable crops rice coffee tea etc
    Taliban give farmers 2x plus for poppy than what they can get from growing coffee etc
    Sorting it out at source for future generations is the only way forward
    Yes short term we will always have junkies druggie users etc if the supply is there
    Sure help them through their affliction but stopping the growing of drugs yesterday is the only way to rid out streets of all its evil tomorrow.
    There will always be people who are not happy just being alive and well getting hi on life and want more
    There will always be people with enough money to buy what they want
    But through education and ridding the world of the seeds I think ( and I'm sure you will keep me right) is the only way forward

philthespark likes this.
  2. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

I think too many years have gone by,I suppose it's fear really,of rejection,of causing further upset,who knows?

3. :(

You know, the wonderful - and sorely missed - Christopher Hitchens said, after he knew his time was limited, "If there's a family member or friend you know you have neglected, should be phoning - do it. Do it now. You will never regret it. The only regret you'll ever have is if you don't. And that'll be a huge regret you'll never get over..."

(I totally paraphrase that, 'cos it was ages ago I read it.)

Phil, what's the worst that could happen? And what is the best outcome?

The worst, I guess, is that her image of you has been so damaged over these years that it's set in her mind, and she'll say "I don't want to talk or get in touch." That will be heartbreaking, certainly, but will it be worse that what you currently have?

At the moment you have a trace of hope. But you know that 'hope' is based solely on you not doing anything to upset it - by not actually doing anything about getting in touch.

And what's the best that could happen? I guess it's that she'll understand and forgive. Wouldn't that be something? It doesn't have to be a full reconciliation - you don't have to be back in each other's lives any more than any one of you would wish. It might even be that you both decide to leave things pretty much as they are now. But the difference should be that she understands what happened and can accept it. Realise that it really wasn't your fault.

There was nothing you could have done about it at the time. The damage was done to you by others. And part of that 'damage' is that you don't have the tools at the time to sort it all out in your head.

Thankfully, with professional help, you've now been given these tools and I really hope you can continue to make progress with this.

I'm obviously not going to say "Go for it, Phil - get in touch!", 'cos it's not my place at all to say that. And I haven't a clue what's gone on between you all over these years. And you also have a current family to consider.

All I'm saying is, it would seem to already be on your mind?

Perhaps a letter is possible? If you can confide so much on here - a trade forum! - then perhaps a letter where you can explain 'everything' (as much as you want) would help to mend the situation?

And perhaps a chat with your therapist on this would be a good move too?

I dunno. I am so thankful I've never had anything like that to contend with :oops: