mystery integrated fridge bracket

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by jonathan curran, Aug 5, 2014.

1. jonathan curran

jonathan curran New Member

Hi there,

I have a fitted fridge on an all in one hinge in my house, but the door is wobbling slightly as there's only one bracket holding the fridge door to the unit door (pictured). Does anyone know where i can buy this bracket as I can't seem to find it anywhere and am keen to fit a few more to stabilise it!

Regards,

Jonathan

s DSC_0078.JPG

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Is that a sliding bracket ??, if so could you not use another type like this.

k2mqur.jpg

If it solid, then any 90° bracket with slots in should do.

3. Looks 'solid', so as Phil says, pretty much an angle-bracket will do.

Make sure you screw through the fridge door the same distance from the sides. You can just punch a hole through with a small nail and self-tap a screw.

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

An angle bracket may work but as in Phil's picture and yours, slots or oval holes allow the wooden door to be correctly aligned

If you want to use the correct fitting, try this company, they sell pretty much every bit for every appliance imaginable

http://www.espares.co.uk/

5. snezza30

snezza30 Member

Jonathon,

My guess would be that your Fridge is either a Siemens, Bosch or Neff Fridge....?

That bracket is widely used on a lot of their models of Integrated Fridges and Freezers.
    It is usually concealed by a white plastic cover that slides over it. It should also have 2 screws in it holding it to the wooden door, not just one!!!!

If you have the FD number and the E-nr number of your fridge, go on the manufacturers spares website and type in those details and it will bring up a list of spares for that particular machine. As I said, that bracket is used on loads of different models and will be easily available.

The plastic slider that Phil posted a picture of, is for a different system and is not suitable or compatable with the system that you have on your Fridge. (Sorry Phil...!!!);)
    Hope this helps!

Snezza.

Phil the Paver likes this.
  6. jonathan curran

jonathan curran New Member

many thanks all - I've had a look on the Siemens website and I think i've found the kit that has the spare in it. Will call up this afternoon and if not just buy a right angled bracket with slot in.