Need advice on kitchen brands and zenith ultra thin worktops.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by pg70, Apr 23, 2017.

1. pg70

pg70 New Member

Hi All,

We`re looking at a new kitchen, approx 4x3m and an island. Just wanted to ask some ideas about brands and also worktops.
    Been looking at all of the big brands and some local independents. Wickes and Howdens seem to have a few designs we like (handleless gloss) type and also a zenith ultra thin laminate worktop. Any particular manufacturers that are good to install/work with? I like that howdens seem to have a warehouse within a few miles. Wickes I can see if anything turns up damaged are a bit more problematic.

Also any caveats with the ultra thin worktop like the zenith compact laminate? Guessing theyre good for under worktop sinks as can have a built in drainer. Downside is that we may go for a curved end island which I doubt would all this kind of worktop.

Other thing is extractor fans, interested in the built in ceiling type so its all hidden away, the hob would be on the island. I can see for cleaning/repairs its a bit awkward but anything else should consider? Other option is the pop up type extractor from the island but really cant see them being very efficient, what with gravity and all that.

Thanks in advance

Paul