need shower advice..

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by antf83, Sep 15, 2017.

1. antf83

antf83 New Member

no i dont smell guys and girls but i need some help.
    I have currently an aqualisa shower with (i believe) a gravity processor/pump.
    I have had a new combi boiler fitted and still using this method of pump, very bad i know.

I believe i need a new a1 combi processor to replace the pump so it just mixes.

Would it be best to change the whole shower as a new pump is £300 odd.

Any advice you guys could give me? Afraid to use the shower right know.

thanks for any help

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

The processor will fail in no time, your gravity processor is designed to run at low pressure a combi runs at mains pressure. You could replace the entire shower unit or just upgrade the processor, dependant upon the state of your existing shower.

I have to say that Im disapointed that the guy who replaced your boiler didnt highlight this as a matter of course.

nigel willson likes this.
  3. antf83

antf83 New Member

thanks for the reply. the installer did mention this but as i was away i totally forget and now need this sorting ASAP it seems.

When you say the processor will fail, do you mean leak? Would I be best not using the shower until it is replaced properly?