Neff combi ovens

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Pablo5454, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Pablo5454

Pablo5454 New Member

have recently had a neff combi oven installed (C17MR02.0B) in our new kitchen. The electrician has wired the unit but left it for us to attach to the units. We went to attach the unit and discovered inside the oven two black bars. We can not find out where or what they are for could you please help. As we do not want to use them yet until we know what they are for.

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Fitting kit of some kind?

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It looks like it goes on the sides of the oven for fitting but I would give their help line a call.

4. I KNOW I KNOW!

It's as Chips says - they screw to the unit carcase sides and t'oven slides in on it. If your unit doesn't have a base for it to sit on, I guess.

5. Hang on - these guys left it for you to install the oven in the housing but took away the fittings instructions? :)

6. Pablo5454

Pablo5454 New Member

Fitting instructions left but the parts are not listed within them.

7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

For mounting the oven upside down by the look of it!

8. koolpc likes this.
  9. Pablo5454

Pablo5454 New Member

Very similar but they are two different shapes and very flimsy. Bends in your hand so would not support any weight. My guess is they are some kind of heat shield for the top and bottom of the oven(as they are that width) or a decor piece.

10. Ah!

Ok, open yer top oven door - the one that has the grill in it. Then look under that top exposed edge immediately under the control panel - can you see two wee 'lugs' sticking out that match up with the slots in one of these strips? If so, it's s slip-on heat deflector which you are meant to use when open-door grilling.

Having said that, looking at your photos these strips seem awfully narrow so they wouldn't stick out far enough to deflect the heat.

So, no idea.

Time to drop an email to Naff...