Neighbor Gossips... What to do???

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Jhoell, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Jhoell

Jhoell New Member

What if you have a neighbor where hobbies are spreading rumors about you and other people in your community. Will you confront rumor monger? What will you do?

I'm just curious with your reactions, violent reactions. This might help me :D

2. You and other people?

Get together with these other people and write down - in chronological order and full detail - what these malicious bits of gossip are.

If you reckon you have enough to pretty much show that this neighb is the source, call your local friendly bobby.

They will sort it. It is malicious harassment or summat. Hugely unpleasant and will be treated seriously. As it should be.

Retaliate in any other way and you will likely be stuffed.

And rightly so - you have two basic choices; do the right thing, or sink to their level. If you choose the latter, then you have forfeited your own rights.

Imo.

Davmac and KIAB like this.
  3. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

First of all,people who spread rumours lead sad little lives with nothing better to do,Second do NOT resort to violence,you will lose,maybe not in the physical sense but in court you will.Confront them by all means,but do it with a witness present,that covers you in case it all turns nasty.Don't go banging on the door,do it descretly,perhaps you could watch for a pattern then pick your moment,say they go for a paper every morning,one morning just be stood on the front chatting to a neighbour and when they come past just pull them up quietly "excuse me,I've heard you've been saying" and quote whatever it is they've said about you.You're not ganging up on them and by catching them off guard they have no room to think up a lie.See what their response is then just politely say "look I don't appreciate you telling stories and if it continues I'll contact the police".walk away and leave them to think about it,I,ve only had one problem with a neighbour where I had to get threatening,he gave my wife a load of abuse over the fence,effing and blinding at her,he's just a tool.Anyway I got a neighbour opposite to watch me and I knocked on the guy's door and told him if he ever spoke to my wife like that again I'd rip his throat out!
    We've had no bother with him since,but you have to know the type of person you are dealing with doing that,from experience there are 3 types, 1) the bloke who'll just smack you in the mouth, 2) the type that'll run screaming to the police, 3) the type that'll just accept he's wrong and wind his neck in.Whatever you do make sure you have a witness,and it does'nt want to be the wife,a neighbour is classed as independant,your wife isn't.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Does your "local friendly Bobby" still exist in the real world ???

Last one I remember was on the tellie, Dixon of Dock Green was his name and I was just a young lad back then

5. They existed around 10 years ago at least - when I had an issue with a belligerent neighbour (not the cove I've mentioned before who I do actually get on with very well).

They were great - the PC went right round to him and told him to 'cease and desist'. He also organised a mediation group where we both attended and talked through our issues - it's amazing how 'sensible' a person becomes when he has a witness looking on; no more waving his arms and shouting "Well, what's you goin' to do about it?!" (to which, to his extreme annoyance, I'd just laugh...)