Neighbour smells

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Kjam, May 13, 2017.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Hang cow manure out the window and dangle it just above his window. Tell him you will remove it when he fixes the stink from his place first!

Kjam likes this.
  2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Who is responsible for the overall structure of the building ?

3. Kjam

Kjam New Member

He's responsible for downstairs and I'm for upstairs

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

If you can see where the vent is on outside wall and 'if' you know the layout of their kitchen ? Then you can possibly lift some floorboards as suggested to uncover fan duct

Not always easy though getting at floorboards - laminate floor / carpets to remove, then may be chipboard sheeting not floorboards :eek:

Not as easy as seems unfortunately

Kjam likes this.
  5. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Thats a great idea, a bit like a time at work once. We had a smelly employee. The boss left a can off Lynx on his bench. Straight to the point works best.

KIAB likes this.
  6. Handy mandy yes

Handy mandy yes New Member

Hi my downstairs neighbors toilet stinks is there any plastic window ledges long enough and wide enough and easily fixed to use as an external window ledge?

7. dray

dray Screwfix Select

That is a brilliant question and certainly got me interested in how the two go together.
    More info needed but looks likely to be an interesting, and possibly amusing discussion.