Nest thermostat and Worcester 24i System Boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Pilkinb, May 18, 2015.

1. Pilkinb

Pilkinb New Member

My local heating engineer has proposed a Worcester Bosch 24i system boiler to replace my existing boiler. He has also suggested we install the Worcester Bosch Wave system for control.

However I already have a Nest thermostat and would like to keep this as my thermostat.

Does anyone have any experience with this combination of 24i boiler and Nest thermostat?

I also live in a bungalow with the hot water cylinder in the loft and would like to install a wireless cylinder thermostat so I can control the hot water temp without having to go in the loft.

Looking at what is available, I think that my preferred solution is Drayton Mi series programmer LP522 and wireless stat MiStat C and would like to connect my Nest to this combination. Will it work?

2. Danscott123

Danscott123 New Member

The Worcester is a very good boiler but my advice would be to do as your installer says as the nest system does not control your hot water and therefore you will need a separate timer for that. The more controls you have the more there is to go wrong. If you don't like the wave system you could look into the hive system which would control your hot water. With any of these systems you need a hot water thermostat which is always better to be a hard wired one rather than wireless as having to many wireless controls can cause them to interfere with eachother