New house external pipework unsatisfactory?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Tim Ho, Sep 21, 2017.

1. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Hi Tim

Basically non of the joints should leak and depending on what plumbing system you use, the joints seal in different ways - but yes, fully sealed 100% they should / must be

The fittings with a raised collar are 'push fit' fittings. Should be simple, as the name says, push to fit/seal. They work by having an O ring fitted inside the collar that does the sealing against the pipe. Could be the O Rings are damaged, have moved when the pipes were pushed together (they can be firm to assemble), pipe cut too short, or not using push fit compatable pipe.

The other leak where the 2 sizes of pipes go into the stack is just wrong, wrong, wrong on so many levels and the idiot that did that should be named and shamed and slapped

Also your right that the pipes should not be bending like that, simple pipe clips are required and unsupported pipes can lead to leaks

Can't imagine a plumber of any level has installed that pipework, more like the landlord or his 'mate' and his horse

Without being alarmist, makes you wonder what other horrors may be lurking around the property :eek:

I guess it's a lash up refurb to get it back on the market - just not fair and the landlord should not get away with allowing this disgraceful work

Good luck mate

2. Tim Ho

Tim Ho New Member

Sorry, I've been rushing around and didn't have a chance to check this overnight. Thank you very much for your replies everyone, exactly the information I think I needed.

It isn't

It's more of a trickle but I'll check which leaks first when my partner gets back this evening

Amen!

Excellent reply thank you, Dave. There have certainly been a few more minor issues I've come across. Fingers crossed nothing more major materialises.

Feel like buying you all a pint!

3. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

There's too many of us just for one pint.

Need to try harder...

:D