New kitchen

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Jay459, May 29, 2015.

1. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

Totally agree KIAB, it's why I won't fit them anymore too much hassle. People don't realise that what they save on the price of an IKEA kitchen they then lose what they save or more when they have to have all the pipework moved to floor level so pipes can enter from below the carcass or chased into the walls. There's just so much more labour involved especially trying to figure out their picture instructions on the quirky designs they come up with. To top it all off if you have a dishwasher or washing machine on an internal wall then the waste pipe has to be run though the carcasses as with the 3" plinth there's generally not enough height to gain the fall on the pipework.

2. Jay459

Jay459 Member

Is there more work or less work fitting the domsjo sink. I would of thought less as the worktop doesn't need to be cut round it, it just sits on top of the cabinet...

3. Ann Warlick

Ann Warlick New Member

Ides is fine. You can also use MDF which looks similar to wood and mainly used for kitchen cabinets. Also provide it with MDF powder coating which is the latest trend nowadays.

KIAB likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

MDF powder coating is fantastic, you get a seamless finish, regardless of it's shape.

I have seen some doors which were powder coated, the finish was far better than the usual finish on a flush panel interior door.

5. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

Worktop-wise there is less work than fitting an inset sink, but don't forget to support the sink from below as they're a heavy sink and it's only supported by the left and right hand lip of the sink. The carcass doesn't support any part of the sink.