New PM ?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 164349, Jun 19, 2017.

1. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

He's still have a good chance of hitting you cos his sights are calibrated four notches to the right off centre.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

You say that like its a bad thing.

Remember our forefathers died fighting somebody who wanted everybody to think like him. !!!!!!!!

3. This metaphor could run and run.

Except I cannot think of anything else...

4. Our forefathers died to destroy fascism, and you are handing our country back to Arron Banks, Paul Dacre and Rupert Murdoch.

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

5. P J Thompson

As you know I don't think left-right is a sufficient way of describing political-socio-economic systems and views. I advocate the 2d perspectives offered by things like the political compass (other 2d views are available).
    Fascism is a good example of why. Fascism advocates a mixed economy. This makes it economically centrist. A regulated economy mixing private and public ownership. Centrist, neither right nor left.
    Yet fascism advocates strict control, strict social management and a rigid hierarchical structure. It's about as authoritarian as it gets.

So in a 2d view, fascism would sit due North.
    To call it far right as is the norm, is misleading.

The same could be said of the BNP. Economically pretty centrist but in social matters, harsh authoritarian. The BNP were economically left of labour in their heyday-the Blair years but they were labeled right wing because of the limited left-right scale.

2d is a much clearer way of expressing things.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So he would hit you.

8. P J Thompson

Good thinking chippie :D