new regime

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Mar 22, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

started a new 'get fit' program today, i'm taking fats advice on a 2 mile walk everyday in the hope it doest kill me, the first obstacle is finding a route that does't pass a pub,fast food take away or chippy. and that's not easy from where i live, So I planned a walk up the dual carnage way past Total fitness, thats a chain of profit from fat folks factories charging overweight wimmin mostly to join a gym in an effort to get fitter, As its on my route I paused there to observe,and hopefully learn a few tips on how others cope with getting old and knackered affects their life, It seems to me that a 4x4 vehicle is an essential item to have to be a part of this program, the wimmin arrive mostly in their cars,usually just one per vehicle, wobble out in a loose fitting tracksuit carrying a bottle of water, in some cases a bottle of diet coke, and i wondered why its only fat wimmin that drink diet coke? anyrode, there's fat people going in, and fat people coming out, so's it's not doing a lot of good, if those fat people walked there and walked home they'd probably loose weight faster and save money in doing so, but hey i'm just an observer and on a learning curve to hopefully a longer life than the doctor expects me to have,
    but given a choice,
    would you want to live past your ' best by date' and be a burden to your family, or go out enjoying the things you like, beer,chips n' laughing, :)

FatHands and Cheburashka like this.
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I think a fatal heart attack just before the pension runs out and dementia sets in is the way to go.

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Now then Tomp. Your fast approaching retirement age,,, and as we all know George Osborne last week, made it so when you retire, you can cash in all of yer pension pot and have the 4x4 , you've allus dreamt of. ;);)

Wi inflation and the cost of living going up, though,, the only 4x4 you'll be able to afford, will be about 6ft long, down the timber merchants. :p:p:p:p:p

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Honestly no I wouldn't, got to say I'm not looking forwards to old age already and I'm only 51, I know it's sad for family if you go, but every one goes at some point and I really do not want to be a burden on anybody.

FatHands likes this.
  5. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Interesting observations there Tom.

6. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Good luck on the new regime Tom!
    2 miles sounds like a treck but if you find a nice route (loved the avoid pub and take away bit!) Will be done in no time!

Could also consider the odd fruit tea (some nicer than others ;) ) in place of tea/coffee.

All the best,
    Fats

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I'm feelin' better already, John, fortunatly for me god gave me the good sence to realise there are two sorts of robbers in this world, there are the kind that wear masks and climb through windows and the kind that take your money from you and smile and tell you there's a nice big pension for you at the end of your working life, These merchant bankers are lying,double crossing scum bags who can talk the talk and even convince everyone in power that the working people should pay them to squander and even lose the monies they have been trusted to invest, Early on in life I could never see any milage in giving these pan handlers money that I could find better use for at home, So dispite many offers of investment deals from them and warnings that one day the state pension will fold and i;ll have nothing,I resisted the temptation to hand over my earnings and so when/if the time comes for me to retire I'll have to join the queue at the food bank and busk in the happy streets of Wigan happy in the knowledge that I never fed the finance giants of Wall street,:D

8. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I don't blame you at all Tom, I'm the same and I never buy insurance for appliances or the like either. It's all stacked in their favour any way.

Like you said about the health factories, If people just walked a bit and ate a bit better. They'd not need to pay £40 a month to a health club.

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

:p
    I loved the bit about them going in fat, and coming out fat - so it ain't working!!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

10. saramorris

saramorris New Member

nice :D good luck!!