New shed advice for base and window please

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by joelmb, Oct 1, 2013.

1. New sleepers are a lot cheaper than used.

Every skip hire firm in my area have dedicated skips for wood, bricks etc, these are allowed to be taken free, it saves them paying the tipping charges.

On the of chance you will find plenty of timber to do what you need.

Some call them recycling centres.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That wouldbe a tenner.

3. Enough slabs there to actually build the whole shed...

4. Shedbase

Shedbase New Member

Reason we're "faffin" is that using slabs is, for me at least, cost prohibitive so seeking the cheapest yet effective long lasting method which on face of it the concrete pillars provide.Event Matting Would have thought they'd be an abundance of the bitumen soaked back breakers around nowadays.

5. Shedbase

Shedbase New Member

Ok, so I'm guesstimating the total material costs of building a decent base and bearer frame from all thateverybody has said is going to be probably 100-150 quid then two men labour on top. I've come across this solution ust now which on the face of it costs an equivalentto the concrete type solutions (its £113 for 7' x 7' area) but has far less labour involved, and it seems to provide an equal load bearing area. Plus I like the fact it isn't permanent and could be re-used if we moved the shed, say. And it's a lot 'greener' I guess.

6. Shedbase

Shedbase New Member

eason we're "faffin" is that using slabs is, for me at least, cost prohibitive so seeking the cheapest yet effective long lasting method which on face of it the concrete pillars provide.
    Shed Bases

7. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

I hope your ground preparation is better than your spam prep here. And would it last 6 years?