New Sliding mitre saw

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Cliffandher, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Cliffandher

Cliffandher Member

Looking at getting the Evolution Rage 3FP2552 255MM Single bevel sliding compound mitre saw. I am a Diy'er and currently renovating a property so doing things like framing for studwork, cupboards, flooring etc. I know the pro's will knock it but my budget is about £150 tops, does anyone have this saw and if so what are pros and cons.. or any others that should be in the running for my budget.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It doesn't make you deaf, as opposed to your posts. :)

vivaro man likes this.
  3. Cliffandher

Cliffandher Member

Yep sorry, dont know what happend there, seem to have messed up my fonts :)

4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I've got 2. Big one and a small one.

Good for the money and with a couple of tweaks, they're pretty accurate. The blade they come with is a bit coarse for really crisp second fix work but is ok when new and nothing to be overly concerned with.
    The arbor for the blade is an odd size though...and many think that you can use only Evolution blades.
    The trick here though, and it's a good trick, if you need a nice fine blade is to buy a cheap reducer (£2 from Axminster or eBay) and this will allow you to use a Blade with a 30mm centre with the 25.4mm arbor.

Cliffandher likes this.
  5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

For a one off, it'll do fine, if you needed one day in and out it wouldn't stand up to the task. I bought their circular saw as an emergency, good for the money but didn't last 6months without plastic components breaking. Another option is to hire, or buy a better model with a good resale value and put it on eBay once you're done.

vivaro man and Cliffandher like this.