NEW SOIL STACK -picture. do I need a special socket? - its underground...

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by billybongos, Feb 6, 2010.

1. billybongos

billybongos New Member

I'd like to do this properly gents... ;)

do I dig up all around the concrete to put in an underground ORANGE socket? (see the arrows)]:)

there was this black hemp like stuff in the socket - made out of some type of bitumen like thick threads (near the ORANGE SOIL PIPE, for the previous ASBESTOS pipe - what was that black bitument stringy stuff?

I can't find an underground "orange pan connector" - Can I use denso tape to wrap around the socket - like the fire cement, that can be put around the female socket of boiler flues?

thanks for the help gents!

2. billybongos

billybongos New Member

3. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I would dig it up and connect properly.

5. billybongos

billybongos New Member

how? :eek:- please tell me and I WILL do it!

I got a similar one of these - will that help?

isn't there any type of adaptor - digging the whole lot up, will take aaaaaaaaaaages! :'(

6. billybongos

billybongos New Member

7. billybongos

billybongos New Member

Captain Leaky: your link doesn't give me a picture - it only gives me a code for a clay pipe to plastic adaptor : 430-042

do you have a picture?

thanks Leaky!

8. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Pop into your local merchant and grab a hunter catalogue - or whatever it is that they stock. Lots of adapters available.

9. billybongos

billybongos New Member

10. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

was that black bitument stringy stuff?

Caulking material - could have been tarred asbestos rope - it was used extensively in the trade!

I've had a look at the picture and I wouldn't bother jigging up all that concrete!
    If a building inspector's not involved, an offset multikwick looks taylor made for the job and will be fine.

We used them to connect to the drain when renewing the soil-pipes in a block of 4 storie flats (don't tell anybody).
    We were on a very tight bonus time) ! :)
    Tappy,

11. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

That's a fireclay socket, just get an addaptor & cement it to make a joint.

12. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

billy have a look at the mc alpine DC1 drain connector very similar to a pan con as you say, its got a rubber fin seal on the male and a ring seal on the female to take the 110mm pipe, do em in grey or black, i got a similar one fron B& Q its a marley SA42 have a google for it :)

13. billybongos

billybongos New Member

14. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

why you using orange pipe above ground ?? are you sure the vent pipe is high enough above the lead flashing slate ?? :^O have you fitted a weathering collar to the vent pipe were it passes through the slate ??

15. billybongos

billybongos New Member

Reasons:
    1 Orange pipe is used to connect through the concrete
    2 This will be chopped at ground level, & an above ground DC1-BK connector will be used.
    3 Then an inspection/rodding access point will be used on the vertical stack
    4 after which the Black soil stack will be clipped within the appropriate 1.8m clipping distances, and thereafter, the 1st floor bathroom connections can be added, where this wouldn't have been possible with the Asbestos stack in place. :)

Obviously, you knew all this already as PHASE 3 hasn't commenced until tomorrow... ;)

Kindest of regards,

Sincerely, Billy

16. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

Sincerely, Billy

just keeping you on your toes :) you need a single socket coupler for just above ground level for your access pipe not a dc1, the dc1 was for connecting to the clay as earlier