New Water Supply- What Materials Do I Need?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Gareth Sewell, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Gareth Sewell

Gareth Sewell New Member

Hi,

I am currently in the process of digging a trench for a new water supply come into my back kitchen, and I am aware of the following materials that I will need:-

Trench- Water Board advise that this can be back-filled with the material that came out of it. (Selectively).

Pipe- 25mm MDPE pipe + stop tap and drain off valve.

Ducting- 100mm waste pipe and elbow, gromit and Rockwool insulation.

Can anyone advise if this is about right? It's mainly the ducting that I am unsure about...Although there may be a better method of back filling the trench?

Regards,

Gareth.

2. meady

meady Member

The trench is normally filled with sand over the pipe as it helps keep it safe

3. HOWD PLUM

HOWD PLUM New Member

the 100mm pipe you have is so you can use it as pipe duct to use as entry point into your kitchen.you need to dig down in kitchen to same depth as water main knock a hole through wall install 100mm pipe and bend then push water main through this pipe then fit rock wool into pipe this is in case water maim freezes or water maim as to be replaced any time the gromit needs to be fitted to keep out unwanted guests