NEXT DAY DELIVERY

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by A DAY WASTED, Feb 1, 2008.

1. A DAY WASTED

A DAY WASTED New Member

My first order with free next day delivery.

Over £50 spent. Ordered 3am Thursday 31st January.

6:20pm Friday 1st February .. No delivery via ParcelFarce .. Wasted day.

How do you trade guys live with this *.

I see my next order placed today is to be dispatched via ANC .. another slow and useless delivery company.

Screwfix want to try using City-Link .. always deliver on the day and early to boot!

Last time I'll be using Screwfix until they change their delivery method.

[Edited by: admin4]

2. Fanny mcSquirter

Fanny mcSquirter New Member

Why ya place another order when yer first one still hasanee bin delivered? Is u dat fick like?

3. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

The lights are on but no-ones at home .. :)

4. A DAY WASTED

A DAY WASTED New Member

I placed the second order earlier this morning .. not expecting any problem .. as ParcelFarce tracking stated the first parcel was on route for delivery today.

5. A DAY WASTED

A DAY WASTED New Member

The lights are on but no-ones at home .. :)

Switch your lights off when YOU get home then! ;)

6. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I usually turn them off when I go out....but each to their own :^O

7. A DAY WASTED

A DAY WASTED New Member

I usually turn them off when I go out....but each to
    their own :^O

You'll really feel at home if you turn your lights off when at home ..

If you deal with Screwfix delivery agents .. You'll be well used to been kept in the dark. :)

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

If you deal with Screwfix delivery agents .. You'll be well used to been kept in the dark.

True :(

9. A DAY WASTED

A DAY WASTED New Member

10. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

still smiling then ;)

11. A DAY WASTED

A DAY WASTED New Member

Aye still smiling ... just :)

Second order was for the De-walt deal ordered 1 Feruary arrived an hour ago. ;)

My 31 January order via ParcelFarce still not delivered yet!

12. A DAY WASTED

A DAY WASTED New Member

If "Parcelfarce" arrive with this order today (Dispatced 9am Thursday 31 January) they can take it all the way back to Stoke-on Trent!

According to Customer services it will take up to 14 days to be returned to their depot for a refund as a slower returns method is used!

Aye, I can well believe it .. it's take 4 days and 6 hours NOT to be delivered!

13. A DAY WASTED

A DAY WASTED New Member

04-02-2008 15:11 Motherwell Depot Attempted delivery - item refused
    04-02-2008 07:15 Motherwell Depot Out for delivery
    02-02-2008 00:13 Motherwell Depot Arrived at delivery depot
    01-02-2008 08:21 National Hub Sorted in hub

Guy from Parcelforce said it should have been delivered Friday 1st Feb. Was available to deliver Sat .. not sent out! He was in agreement with my refusal to take delivery .. he not care he'll get paid for delivery attempt anyway .. (Owner driver) Says Screwfix will receive refund for siht service from Parcelfarce.

Strangely Parcelforce guy says tha the parcel will be back at Screwfix Depot tomorrow! Not the 14 days Screwfix Customer Services Department quoted!

We like to keep your money .. just that wee bit longer than our courier took to attempt to deliver your order.

14. A DAY WASTED

A DAY WASTED New Member

Okay guys a very helpful lady at customer service has today refunded the delayed order in full.

From my experience .. being told refund will take 14 days over the phone ... DON'T phone! ... contact customer services by email.

IMO if your order doesn't arrive within a reasonable time with regard to delivery schedule, and you no longer require it .. the fastest method to a refund is to refuse delivey and contact customer services by email.

Once the parcel can be tracked as "Refused"
    and is being "Returned to sender" it is possible to receive a refund without the 14 days I was quoted over the phone.

Parcelfarce Nil Screwfix 10

Would be now be happy to place further orders :)

15. ultimatehandyman

ultimatehandyman New Member

I had a similar problem with a Saturday delivery. My girlfriend sat in all day and they never even attempted to deliver it. When I checked the website parcelforce said that they attempted delivery!

Parcelforce did attempt delivery on the Monday, after I phoned screwfix and told them not to bother delivering the item.

Three phone call and about 4 weeks later I also received a refund.

If they can't deliver on a set date then they should not say that they will. When I filled out my order it specifically said "saturday delivery", but it was not delivered then. It also doesn't help matters when you phone screwfix and the first thing they say is " it does not say guaranteed saturday delivery".

I tend to go elsewhere now, unless I am really stuck!

16. A DAY WASTED

A DAY WASTED New Member

Service: Parcelforce 24
    Last tracked at: National Hub
    Expected delivery date: 01-02-2008

What really got me angry was the initial Parcelfarce web-tracking log .. which I cut and saved .. showing the Expected delivery date .. above ..

Yea it is a right pain in the *** waiting around for items than you hve ordered and the carrier lets you down.

I try to use online services than use City-Link as their carrier .. never let down yet .. always available to track after 6pm on the day of dispatch.

City-Link tracking facility shows details for collection etc. and you are guaranteed that day delivery if the City-Link tracking shows "Goods loaded onto a van"

City-Link example ..

10:10 Thursday, January 31, 2008 Awaiting Collection

14:03 Thursday, January 31, 2008 Goods collected

16:35 Thursday, January 31, 2008 On route to delivery branch

02:47 Friday, February 1, 2008 Arrived at Delivery Branch

06:21 Friday, February 1, 2008 Goods loaded onto a van

14:28 Friday, February 1, 2008 These goods have been successfully delivered.

ANC delivered my second order as per their tracking facility .. ordered Friday arrived Monday early pm.

City-Link are the best Screwfix .. Parcelforce driver told me yesterday that Screwfix recently switched from using City-Link to Parcelforce.

17. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

A day wasted?

You seem to have enough time on your hands to tell us all about it! :)

18. A DAY WASTED

A DAY WASTED New Member

A day wasted?

You seem to have enough time on your hands to tell us
    all about it! :)

You also seem to have enough time to view the posts!

;)

19. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Stop it you two before someone loses an eye :)

20. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Yes, but I'm not the one twittering on about having my valuable time wasted...*****...*****...*****..etc ..etc.. ;)