Next job for mum-in-law...

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Dec 11, 2014.

1. was to fix the broken 'stay' on her connie door.

So, ordered new one on Tuesday - a nice stainless steel jobbie - and the darned thing arrived yesterday. That's mighty impressive.

Wuz going to fix it on today, but started a migraine (I get the odd one every couple of years...) with throbbing head and sickly stomach in the morn, so took a couple of aspirin and went to bed.

Woke up at 3 in the afa fully recovered (I obviously don't get them bad) and headed over to t'in law's where my wife had gorn before me with t'dawg.

Only to find wife'd gone out in to Nan's garden with t'dawg an hour before I arrived and the gusting wind had pulled the connie door out off her hand.

Hinges completely ripped off the door and a sizeable amount of door-frame PVC hanging on the remains of one of the broken hinges.

Large hole in door frame where hinge used to be.

"You can fix that easily, can't you?" asks mum-in-law...

teabreak likes this.
  2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

You gonna need a couple of these.

plaster-9778298.jpg

Or even one of these, because it's your ma in law.

plaster-shape-heart-12619646.jpg

:)

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  3. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

I bet that brought another migraine on.:(

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

You always said that your mother in law was unhinged :eek:

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

strangley enough a double glazing firm salesman rang me today ( I love these salesfolks calling me) informing me this new scrappage scheme they're doing, WOW said i trying to sound interested, " are they the same price as scrap gold?" the salesman answered in a positive manner almost sarcastic saying that weight for weight and savings in heating costs over a ten year period will amount to a better price than gold, so i asked " do you do filters and chemical cleaning products?" and in typical salesfolks attitude he answered yes, " all our products have built in filters to keep the heat in during cold months but keep the heat out in summer months, they're also chemically treated to clean inside and out to stop fungal and bacterial build up, your old windows could be worth £2000 in scrappage costs,",
    I was AMAZED, so i asked him to call round in March, thats when the garden will benifit from the manure he's sprouting from his mouth, he delined the offer and thanked me for wasting his time ????? he's the uninvited caller and blaming me for wasting HIS time, :eek::eek:

7. Tee-hee, folks :D.

Told her I could fix it, but it would be a 'bodge' and I'd have to remove the door for a few days to fill the darned thing with fibreglass, solvent-weld the damaged piece back on, buy new hinges, screw or bolt right through the frame for strength...

Said "Really - this is a classic & valid 'call on your household insurance' jobbie."

I mean, "When did you last make a claim?"

She: "Never."

"So you've paid them £housands over 50-odd years, and you are reluctant to make a claim for a few £undred?"

"Ummm....uhhhh... can't you fix it?"

8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

don't get me going about insurers, they are the biggest swindlers on the planet, proof every big insurance company has the biggest buildings in the city centres, they arethere to TAKE money and not to pay out money, I'll bet if your MIL claims for that job she'd have to pay an access of about the same price as a repair, then next year they'd bump up the price of the premium by about 60%
    Grrrr, :mad::mad::mad: