Nic qualifying supervisor

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by jase85, Nov 23, 2014.

1. jase85

jase85 New Member

Hi all,
    I have worked for my company for 6 years now and they have decided to invest in me and put me forward for the qualifying supervisor which I worry is beyond me:(
    I have recently carried out my 2394/95 and was wondering if anyone else who has had the Nic visit could advise me if this could suffice to get me through or tell me what would be involved.
    Any information would be appreciated.

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

hi,
    someone in college was going through QS with NIC and said it was a full day but a really useful one as they help clear up things you might be unsure of and go through things in a relaxed way.
    try not to worry about it and make use of the time to ask about things you might need further help/clarification on.
    Good luck and let us all know how it goes!

3. jase85

jase85 New Member

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will go like that.
    I've read such mixed comments.
    Thanks for replying.

4. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

No problem whatsoever, if you got all the documentation up to speed, a selection of YOUR work you have done then your in the club. . .all you do then is open your wallet!

5. Caddy

Caddy Active Member

It shouldn't even need to be work you have done, Its only work the company has done as you will be a QS for the Company. When I was the QS at the company i used to work with it was only a case of going to 3 Jobs and going through the test results / testing procedure and a general chat about regs ect... remember this its not like a pass / fail exam they want your money so as long as your not a complete buffoon (i will assume your not :p ) it should all go fine...

6. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Always had the impresion it was your work the area engineer was assessing. . be it a one man band, as for multiple sparks I cannot comment

7. jase85

jase85 New Member

Thank you for the info guys.
    It was the reassurance I was hoping for :)
    How long ago did you go through this Caddy?
    If it can be a case of checking off some of my own and my colleagues work then I'm all set. I was a tad worried as I've been mostly on remedials and maintenance for the past 3 years and don't think the inspector would be too impressed if I took him to a 2D lamp I replaced :p

Thanks again.

8. Caddy

Caddy Active Member

I did my QS about 8 years ago.. Similar to you I started to run more jobs and was starting to be more office based / doing smaller odd jobs, so I didn't have any real work of my own to show him. But as i said you are becoming the QS for your company so its the company's work that is being checked.

I assume there are no other QS at the company ? Who currently carries out the annual visit form the NIC ?

9. jase85

jase85 New Member

Yes, we have 3 others but as the company expands the opportunity to progress has arrissen for one more.
    As there are 3 others will this influence the assessment?
    I'm scheduled for a meeting with our electrical manager next week to discuss this so untill then im just gathering as much info as I can.