Nitromors

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by diana-w, Nov 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. diana-w

diana-w New Member

I have recently used Nitromors to strip some wooden windowsills; very successful. However, when I applied the Nitromors to the wood I managed to get some on the UPVC plastic window frame. When I stripped the paint on the sill and wiped it down I noticed that window frame was now stained in places with the green tint from the Nitromors. So far, I have used liquid soda crystals & elbow grease (lessened stain v. slightly), Flash with bleach, very hot water; all to no avail. Any ideas on how to remove the Nitromors stain?

Thank you

FYI: I use liquid soda crystals a lot; very useful in cleaning UPVC window frames, etc, but does require a lot of elbow grease and also needs to be used "neat", finally finishing by washing with hot water to remove any residual soda. It's advantage is that it does not scratch the plastic, although it can dull the finish which can be resolved by using a standard household aerosol silicon polish (Pledge) & a soft cloth. This method does not restore to perfect but the results are v. good. V. stubborn marks will require several "goes".

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. diana-w

diana-w New Member

4. enc

enc Active Member

5. diana-w

diana-w New Member

6. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Cellulose thinners is very aggressive, it might make things worse but you never know...if all else fails.

KIAB likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

End up melting the upvc.:)

Dr Bodgit likes this.