No hot water

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Peter Davis, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Peter Davis

Peter Davis New Member

Can any one help I have fitted salamander pump for pressure to my shower I had to fit warick flange to tank I have open vented system could water tank in loft and hether tank I had to change some pipe work to tank . I had to put hot water to the top of warick flange and the event to the side out let since the flange fitted I have had no hot water any advice would be appreciated

2. You got the vent pipe and water outlet mixed up?

Or this pipe modification you made - any chance it has a high spot where an air bubble could be sitting?

Any chance of a photo of your wonderful work? :)

3. Peter Davis

Peter Davis New Member

Attached Files:

4. Peter Davis

Peter Davis New Member

Hope pictures will help thank you for your reply

5. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Connections look OK to me (in is in, out is out etc), reckon the problem you have is a big air lock. The hot water from the hw tank (exiting from the centre of the flange through the white painted pipe) is going up then back down to the pump before going up again. Air will get trapped in the top of that pipe loop.

6. Peter Davis

Peter Davis New Member

Can you advise of how to sort this problem out can you suggest how to put this right thank you for ýour reply

7. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

The pump needs to be sited below the top of the hw tank.

8. Torturous bits of plumbing, man :)

If the pump needs to be lower as Dr B says, then do that.

But, why is the hot from the new flange going up past the pump before then coming down to it anyway - why not stop it chust below or level with that decking and take the flexi hose angled down to meet it - ie a continuous sweep up from the tank to the pump?

But, check your pump instructions to see if the siting of that pump is important.

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Good point DA, more careful routing without the loop should do the trick. Keep the pump where it is.

10. Peter Davis

Peter Davis New Member

Hi salamander instructions show pump above tank DA any chance you could put up a drawing of how you mean to do pipe work

11. Peter Davis

Peter Davis New Member

DA I've just looked at pipe work and I understand what you mean to change some pipe work I'll do this later today I will let you no on the out come. thank you for you advise

12. It's 'advice', and you're welcome ;)

If you disconnect the pump inlet's flexi where it currently joins the copper pipe (I presume it also slackens at the pump end so the entry angle can be rotated?) and hold the pipe end against the copper pipe as it come up past the deck, you should be able to work out where you can cut the pump, ensuring there isn't too much kinky strain put on the flexi. If necessary, move the pump closer to the wall too.

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  13. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

14. Peter Davis

Peter Davis New Member

Drain down system Done changes to pipe draind down radiators from lowest rad 're filled system bleed radiators boiler still won't fire up sounds like air rushing down pipes to boiler baxi solo 15 lights show 2 green flashing and 1 red light solid could this be AIRLOCK Has Nigel says not sure were to go from here seems to be big problem back to the beginning again