Noisey Boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Si, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Si

Si New Member

My boiler makes a hell of a racket - popping and banging. Also the pipes creak like hell during heatup & cool down. I have drained and filled the system a number of times. Run all kinds of supposedly "cures" for the boiler, fernox x200 - seemed to work for about a week then back came the familiar sound.

Anybody suggest a cure / fix?

2. curly ken

curly ken New Member

Sounds like bolier need major descaling. It would probably benefit for isolation from the rest of the system and treatement with descaller acid and a powerflush. How old is your boiler? I may be time to wish good bye!

3. Bob

Bob Guest

My old boiler makes loads of noise too.... Bloody wives Ah...

4. maltman

maltman New Member

Sounds like you need a de-scale and de-sludge £300 to £500 .Make sure you get a bench mark certificate

5. DJ

DJ New Member

TRY TURNING THE PUMP SPEED UP OR MAYBE REPLACE PUMP FOR ONE WITH A BIGGER IMPELLER AS FLOW RATE OF WATER THROUGH BOILER MAY BE TO LOW CAUSING BOILER TO KETTLE

6. Dennisplamer

Dennisplamer New Member

Popping or banging coming out from the boiler is commonly caused by a build-up of limescale or corrosion debris on the surfaces of the heat exchanger.

7. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

DJ, Oct 24, 2003.its an old post but maybe now resolved as many boilers are on a 10 year life cycle.