noisy boiler/pipes

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by trilby, Sep 2, 2015.

1. trilby

trilby New Member

I live mid terrace in a row of 5 cottages with a shared water supply the cottage on one side recently had a bathroom refit.and now when the new tenants have a shower a loud ( whooshing) sound can be heard in our house.
    The external flue is also very noisy during this time and we have to close the window on the landing to cut down on the noise.
    The letting agency had their plumber in( which I shared the cost) to look, and he fitted full bore service valves to a pedestal basin pipework which made no difference.
    I had another plumber in for a second opinion( which I paid for) and he thought, 1. It could be a noisy fan and the only option for that would be to insulate the cupboard where the boiler is mounted on our party wall,this party wall seems to be solid. 2. Some device could be fitted to the extractor flue to reduce noise.
    I contacted Glow-worm as the boiler is a Flexicom CX and they think it could be a mixture issue controlled by the gas valve and for C02 percentages to be checked in high and low rates.Before I venture to a 3rd plumber a gas registered one this time is anyone out there have any thoughts or similar experiences.
    I would be extremely grateful for any advice.

2. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    I can confirm I have come across glow worm boilers, and the co2 readings have caused a problem.
    Often it's been where the flue has an extension fitted, this makes the flue longer obviously, and it can then require the co2 to be checked, around 9.1% I think, but it will be in the book

Regards

Peter