Noisy Screwfix Centrifugal Bathroom Fan

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Teki, Jul 19, 2014.

1. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

It could cause problems if used on electrical equipment Chippie! (graphite is conductive)

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

You might just find that a build-up of dirt on the blades is throwing the fan off course, and cleaning might sort it.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Hi Sen. On the old Ford gearboxes you know the single rail Anglia/ Corsair and the1600/ 2000e three rails etc the clutch arm gaiter never really sealed much and dust etc could clag the splines a tad if using a grease etc - however the judicious use of a graphite spray sprayed onto the splines helped things slide without the dust collecting prob..although have never seen a sticky plate whatever method used..so maybe there wasn't a prob first place - I don't really know tbqh.

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Now you are going back in time, back to my youth, o the times I laid out in the street, whipping out a 3 rail gearbox to change the clutch, must admit though that I always kept the shaft dry and clean, never use any form of grease on them, just a little blob on the end were it entered the flywheel.

5. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Those were the days Phil - I have many fond memories of whipping out engines and gearboxes - car ramps covered in gearbox/engine oil and stuff. You could whip out a 1600 Ford pxf/cf in what 1 hr flat. Nowadays I look at modern engines and think - **** that for a lark, it would take me goodness knows how long to disconnect and tag up the electrics'/sensors and this and that before actually getting to unbolt the mill and stuff. Probably it would cost a monkey to get the engine setup on the Sun and stuff after putting the lump back in.

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I know what you mean, next week I've got to change a rad in a modern Mini Cooper, to do it you have to remove the whole front of the car, the rad is held in by two bolts and has two hoses so all the other work is just getting to the bloody thing. :)

7. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

bullshit-detector.jpg

8. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select