Not so shabby!!!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by miss pickle, Sep 6, 2015.

1. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Okay okay :rolleyes: next week is photo week :(

I need to get this lot done and gone!

Pleas dont be too harsh in your comments and don't look too closely :eek:

And keep in mind that the items were as cheap as chips from the local auction :D obviously I can't afford antiques :rolleyes: and I am only a beginner :(
    My only aim was to take a few things that were battered and unloved and give them a bit of TLC and a new life.
    The thought of them being in someones home and being of use is so exciting for me :D:D
    I am only selling them very cheaply, I don't expect to make much profit and I know in this modern world not many people will want them but I'm gonna have a go and see at a little Devon market :)
    It might be a disaster and I might end up bringing it all home :eek: but then again it might not and I won't know til I try :)
    No laughing or being mean for the sake of being mean :mad: Andy :D:D

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Freecycle, Freegle, etc are a good source of free funiture like cabinet,tables,chairs,etc,etc.
    Thank goodness I haven't got the space here, otherwise my workshop would be full of items to restore or distress.:eek:
    Did get a rather nice large 6" reflector telescope free, other day, use to like star gazing when I was a nipper.:)

Eagerly awaiting you photo's next week.:)

3. miss pickle

Have you seen the table I'm doing kiab :) the chess one? I've put a pic on that thread.
    Do you think that's an OK table for chess?

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Just replied.

Yes,very suitable.:)

5. miss pickle

I always miss out on the free cycle stuff. It goes so quick round here :rolleyes:
    I might start looking in other areas a bit further away :) its a day out.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Some Freecycle groups won't accept you if your outside their area:(, but once you mention they have same post code prefix (like EX,) as yourself,even though your 40 miles from them, they soon back down.:D

[​IMG]

7. miss pickle

I fancy having a mooch around north tawton. I went there yesterday to take the dog to the vets and its a lovely little place :) didn't have chance to have a nose coz the dog was poorly but I will definitely be going back for a visit.

I haven't been to bideford for many months so I might have a look round the charity and junks shops there next week :) treat myself to a little day out. Might even have a spot of lunch :) The weather is gorgeous here at the moment so hopefully it will continue into next week.

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Been a few years since I mooched around NorthTawton & surrounding area.

9. miss pickle

Yesterdays little table.
    I still have to paint the top lip of the drawer though.
    It was a little bugger to do with the legs.
    It was scratched battered with peeling varnish and looking sorry for itself when I brought it home but I think its useable and clean looking now :)

IMG_20150906_171346.jpg

KIAB likes this.
  10. miss pickle

These two are real cheapys that I will get next to nothing for but again they are now useable at least :) beats ending up in a skip :D

IMG_20150906_135338.jpg

KIAB likes this.
  11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Looking good, a nice transformation.

Did you spray them?:)

One mini tip, not a criticism though, I always paint the inside lip of the drawer surround & maybe 1/2" of drawer sides.
    You then don't see bare wood, if someone hasn't fully pushed in drawer.

miss pickle likes this.
  12. miss pickle

Yeah I misjudged the lip and I agree to paint it :D and the surround.

13. miss pickle

These are my pinkies which still need another coat and a bit of finishing but I'm quite fond of them :D
    I would love to see them in use. I know pink isn't overly popular but I like it and its harder to come across cheaply in oil so I'm hoping someone will love it and be glad to find it.
    You never know? :)
    IMG_20150906_171737.jpg

14. miss pickle

I'm so glad you gave such a nice comment kiab because I have been truly terrified of posting my pics. Thank you cheekkiss.gif

15. miss pickle

I'm a weird one lol I can't seem to show anybody anything completely finished! Finished terrifies me! I post pics knowing damn well there is something left to do! Like the lip of the drawer on one item and a second coat of pink on another.
    I don't ever believe they will be good enough :( so its scary to offer someone a finished item and say there you go that's it, that's as good as its ever gonna get.
    Its daft really :D maybe I'm just having a wobble smiley-sad055.gif

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[​IMG]

Did you spray them?:)

17. miss pickle

No I used a roller and a brush. I know I've made mistakes but I'm learning all the time and I will get better :) you, astra, Andy, phil, dev, diy Dave and a few others have taught me so much. I know I'm a bit of a clutz but I'm a determined one :)

18. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Well done Miss Pickle all look to be finished to a very high standard, congratulations! :):):);)

miss pickle likes this.
  19. miss pickle

Thank you astra. Wow what a comment! I'm chuffed :D:D:D
    Hope I can make you proud with my chess table.
    That's gonna be a challenge.

20. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Looking good pickle, looking good, am I allowed to say I like the pink stuff, being a burly builder.:oops::oops::oops: :D

Looks good quality work. :):)

miss pickle likes this.