OLCI complaints

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by khurrem, Jan 31, 2015.

1. khurrem

khurrem New Member

Hi Guys

Im a student of OLCI construction Training ltd. I know THIS company is now known as ERR. that doesn't really matter. Im here to let all those who are in the same shoes as myself know that I have decided to build a case against OLCI construction limited. I have read many posts about complaints but found it very upsetting that nobody is doing anything about it. Like everyone I have a story to tell about how OLCI ripped me off, mis-sold and mis-lead me in to signing up to the course. Im sure many of you are out there who have has similar or even not so similar experiences but are not sure of how to challenge the system.

I will leave my email address ksharif@live.co.uk on here. If anyone has anything to share please come forward and with each other's help and support I truly believe we will be able to claim back damages and losses through small claims court. For those who dont know already, but this is a very cost effective way of claiming your money back for amounts up to £10,000 or less so hopefully with the right material and supporting evidence this should help you recover your losses. I will help you if you need guidance on how to setup a claim and share with you almost everything I know regarding consumer law. I will help you through the procedure of complaints and how to build your case.

So please guys come forward and lets discuss!

P.S PLEASE NOTE THIS POST IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY AND WOULD LIKE A MEANINGFUL RESOLUTION OUT OF THIS!

2. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

I found this http://www.olci.info/ as a result I think you will be very lucky if you get anything from a company which ceased to trade on the 6th of May. Also if it was still trading to place anything like this on a public domain would likely reduce your chances of getting any claim.

3. khurrem

khurrem New Member

Thanks for your reply. I'm not actually looking to receive money out of OLCI because I never paid for the course. I was tied in to a financial loan with them and OLCI is looking to peruse money out of me through debt collectors. In response to my situation I am now building my case to contest any money being owed to OLCI. The sales rep had mis lead me in to believing this course was right for me and that I'd easily complete it within a year as he elaborated most of the students do. I would really appreciate it if students who also feel that they have been played by the same hand can get in touch with me to support my case? I will be updating my posts at all stages of my case to encourage other students to take action against OLCI.

4. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

When a company sets out solely to rip people off they will sadly rip you and many others off too, your chance of getting any recompense will be not a lot to no chance. They will do as all other con men do set up again the next day a slight name change pocketing all the cash writing off all their debts without a care or worry in the world. A county court judgement to a limited company is a joke it means fooooooooook all.

5. khurrem

khurrem New Member

Thanks for your input guys. I'm currently having my case reviewed by some good solicitors so I will keep you informed about my case with OLCI which is still on going since Jan 2014. I hope my efforts pay off and can make a difference to rest of you who have fallen victim to this sub standard company.

6. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

I have seen before problems where a debt is sold. Your fight will be with the person the debt has been sold to rather than the training company. What is the real decider is exactly how agreements are worded clearly down to solicitors not simple electricians.

I have had problems with Chester University where my wife was refused access to the computer network after failing a module and returning the next year because fees had not been paid so she left the University. She had been originally told she could re-take the module.

A few years after letters started to arrive demanding payment for the course she had not been allowed to continue with due to no access to the material the course required or ability to read emails sent to the University email account.

Visits to the University were met with of course there should be no charge she did not actually start the course as funding was refused by local authority but the bills continued to arrive. As far as I am aware the bills still arrive from time to time and my wife has to keep writing back and explaining there is an error.

However in our case Chester University still exists so my wife can contact some one who can try to yet again delete the false debt but in your case the training company is no longer. I wish you luck.

7. Nickwardsmith

Nickwardsmith New Member

Please, Please contact the financial ombudsman. I already have a complaint logged with them and I'm getting some brilliant support. The company that own the debt is Caledonian consumer finance (OLCI).

8. baldelectrician.com

baldelectrician.com Well-Known Member

Your arrangement is with OLCI and the company that funded the loan.
    Under the Consumer Credit Act they are jointly liable. As OLCI are no more then the credit company are.

If I were you I would not be spending money on lawyers but would be writing to the loan company asking to go through their complaints procedure in the first instance.

On a side note- before you do this send a 'subject access request' to the loan company. This will give you ALL the info they have on file for you. Then they cant pull something out of the hat later.

9. HEJ

HEJ New Member

Hi, I've just joined this forum as I see there are many of us out there who have issues with OLCI/Caledonian. Nickwardsmith, can you give us some more info about the financial ombudsman? Do you have a contact there dealing with OLCI? Thanks.

10. HEJ

HEJ New Member

Hi, I've just joined this forum as I see there are many of us out there who have issues with OLCI/Caledonian. Nickwardsmith, can you give us some more info about the financial ombudsman? Do you have a contact there dealing with OLCI? Thanks.

11. gwen boxall

gwen boxall New Member

Hi, I got a loan for my son in law, who because of the horrendous difficulty he had in accessing the courses, gave up after only completing half of it. I was left to pay the loan off in full. I am so angry but don't have time to pursue it if there's no chance of getting anything back.