olci construction training

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by THE Equalizer, May 29, 2009.

1. THE Equalizer

THE Equalizer New Member

Are you or anyone you know thinking of training at olci please think again, the customer service is absolutely appalling they will promise you things then lie through their back teeth, take lots of money off you total rip off.

Lots of students have had and are having problems with them trying to get money back etc. they don't supply materials etc. save your money go else where!

2. Omniscient Polymath

Omniscient Polymath New Member

Are you or anyone you know thinking of training at
    olci please think again, the customer service is
    absolutely appalling they will promise you things
    then lie through their back teeth, take lots of money
    off you total rip off.

Lots of students have had and are having problems
    with them trying to get money back etc. they don't
    supply materials etc. save your money go else where!

save your money, do an APPRENTICESHIP or be bus driver and forget it as you'll never be a plumber.

Sorry but true!

Ring a few companies and say you have done a plumbing course, I guarantee not one would even consider to employ you even in good times.

They may give you a few weeks unpaid labour if they are short of a pair of hands, but that is it.

You'll spend YEARRRSSSS trying to achieve even NVQ2.

3. Oh NO NOT AGAIN

Oh NO NOT AGAIN New Member

Probably very true, but things have picked up for me in this area, trouble is I have learn as I go because you don't learn half of what you should. But I don't want to argue, my customers seem very happy with my work and with what I charge.

4. arthur gallon

arthur gallon New Member

don't listen to plum/leccy, he's a bengal lancer, he makes money from plumbing, why should't you ?, sure it will take time, but detemination and the willing to succeed will get you there in about 10 years,
    All these people who say you need to be an apprentice,,hogwash, did plumber serve time to be a businessman,,NO, plum/lecc claims to have served 2 apprentiships,,by definition,its called a contradition in terms.
    Don't listen to others, follow your own instinct, be a plumber ,be a good un, and don't get sad and twisted and tell others it can't be done,,

5. wettneck

wettneck New Member

Fanks Arfer,your my hero xx Loz

6. Oh NO NOT AGAIN

I am actually getting very fond of half er brain, at least he is encouraging towards individuals who are considering a new career.

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

OLCI are only interested in taking you money. They are utterly useless...just like Loz really!

8. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Didn't think there was still idiots paying for course cowboy courses??............Oh well, what is it they say about a fool & his money??!!!

P&E is right of course, employers have never or will never employ CC/CCCs!!............You can only be a Plumber if you have done an apprentceship, all others that claim to be Plumbers are cowboys.

9. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

But there again Dick only Plumbing apprenticeships are recognised as bonafide qualification. Any other trade apprentcieships counts for nowt?????

10. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Please excuse the spelling on my last post, I have been partaking of the falling down water at my local hostelry :)

11. arthur gallon

arthur gallon New Member

and what say you of, people claiming to have served 2 apprenticeships ?
    A tradesman only begins to learn the trade AFTER his/her apprenticeship, when he's out on he's own without a mentor to shout down his lughole, So to start another apprenticeship and miss these valuable years, then to go on and learn again for hnd phd and vd and scar, is the true sign of a bengal lancer,
    I.E knows all there is to know, yet has the skills of newly trained course trainee,
    then has the ordasidy to come here telling honest people who, in their eagerness to work and improve their lives and the lives of their family not to try and better themselves but to earn a living bus driving,
    That my friend is, " I'm in the boat, pull the ropes up" mentality..

Arthur, champion to the great peopls who want to work not claim dole,

12. Oh NO NOT AGAIN

Here here Arthur, are you running as a MP you will get my vote.

13. Oh NO NOT AGAIN.

Oh NO NOT AGAIN. New Member

I'm standing for the BNP

14. Dreadnaught Heating

Dreadnaught Heating New Member

I'm standing for the BNP

is that 'Bandit, not Plumber'?

Patrick

15. Oh NO NOT AGAIN.

Oh NO NOT AGAIN. New Member

you don't make me laff you are not even funny

16. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Most of these olci cowboys are now working as Retail Stock Replacement Operatives(shelf fillers on the coffin shift down at ASDA)!!!!

What idiots spending £6-8K on one of these courses, that teach you next to nothing & no job at the end of it!!

17. Switcher

Switcher New Member

Totally agree.
    Just get a copy of first and second edition of treolar and off you go.
    OOh and not forgetting some tools and a van.

18. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

................saddle, horse, spurs, six gun & oh hay!!

19. G Brown

G Brown New Member

They are so utterly useless I doubt they could even ride a hoss!

20. Switcher

Switcher New Member

never underestimate a cowboy Gordy.