Old house - cold water pipe size?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by hampshire rosie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Do you lot remember the thread's title?:)

2. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

It's been well & truly hi-jacked now !!!!:(

3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

You're claiming matter can be created from nothing. The planet is running short on fossil fuels.
    Go and create some using your magic formula there's a good chap.
    And show me the scientific formula whilst you're at it.
    Einstein knew the formula doesn't exist in this world. And on an intelligence scale of 1-100 Einstein rates about 90 and you come in about 6 or 7.

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

is't Einstein the one who said bumble bees can't fly ?:confused:

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Doesn't this totally contradict what you are saying.

We are running out of fossil fuels, due to the simple fact that they are self forming over time, we are using them faster than they form.

Now if as you say there is a god, he/she/it would give us an endless supply, would he/she/it not.

6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Crikey. Forgot I was on the plumbers forum. Anyway get a load of this..
    Just poured the 8m x 4m concrete base for a pre fab boiler house today. Plus the base for a 35ton pellet silo by Rob Lew.
    Bulk delivered the pellets will cost £170 per ton.
    2 x 100kw biomass boilers will be fitted. These two bad boys plus the emitters supply and fit will cost just slightly over £100k.

Now if I only knew what the creation formula that advocate claims to know I could create the pellet matter from thin air.

7. PaulBlackpool

8. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

We all come fully pre-programmed. Its almost like a disease.

9. PaulBlackpool

I have also read that some scientists believe that the human genome is so complicated it could not be created by chance. To have been so created it would have been trillions to one that it would be correct and produce humans.
    I am not talking about a Father Christmas in the Sky or a relative of the Tooth Fairy I am talking about an intelligence billions of years in advance of ours with powers beyond our imagination.

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What, like Dev's.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You need to listen to my wife on this subject, when she started talking about the greater intelligence that humans had lost I had a full head of dark hair now I'm bald with the hair that's left being tones of grey.

12. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Ah-ha! Na nah na nahhhhhh na.

13. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Go on, DA. Prove that 'DA the hypocrite' doesn't exist.

Can't?

:cool:

14. Ry, Ry, Ry...

"You're claiming matter can be created from nothing." I claimed no such thing. And my best understanding is that 'matter' cannot be made or destroyed, only changed from one form to another - eg energy.

So, yes, I can claim to be able to change matter - 'cos I got a lighter and know how to use it.

"The planet is running short on fossil fuels." Yep, I've read that's the case too. Your point is what?

"Go and create some using your magic formula there's a good chap." Now you're just being silly.

You do know how fossil fuels were formed don't you? And that it was a bit more than 5,000 years ago...?

And you do know that when we burn these fuels they don't akshully 'disappear' - they simply get converted?

Please tell me you know this.

Pleeez pleeeez pleeeeeez.

Anyways, I hear you're still struggling with Mr Ha's simple paradox that you seem to be suggesting that it was all created by gawd, but haven't explained where gawd herself came from.

15. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Does change matter?

16. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

HER, now hold on a minute, what came first the bird or the egg, with a bloke that question doest come into the mix, see what i mean :confused:

17. I don't mind being a wee hypocrite at all at all. I stood up in that church and said my vows as a complete and utter atheist - as was my wife.

I obviously meant my actual vows, but not that I was answerable to gawd in any way. Blimey, if I'd disobeyed any of them, gawd's wrath would be the least of my worries... :oops:

But, I was grateful for religion for having produced such a wonderful building for me.

18. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

dunno what getting married has to do with it, I got married in a registry office, I made my vows to mrs plum and she to me, but when I got in trouble with't law, they made me swear on a bible, so it must be real , innit, o_O

19. What swear did you use?

20. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

they made me to " swear by almighty god to tile the whole roof and nothing but the roof, so help me " I never really understood why, but that's the LAW, :oops: