One for the older generation

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by sospan, Sep 9, 2016.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I had to make some of these recently because I couldn't find them locally or online. I then discovered that these days they are called something completely different and I could have bought them had I known the "correct" description.

upload_2016-9-9_19-30-43.png

I know what these used to be called down here, but what were they called locally to you ?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A architrave corner block & I have used that name for the last 40 years, & I am one of the older generation.:)

Some older peeps than me, might refer to it as a Rosette Corner.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Architrave block.

The one above is £4.49 in Wickes.

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have always known them as roundals, bullseyes or rosettes - never heard them called architrave corner blocks before.

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

correct that's where I saw afterwards. Searched for all sorts of key words and it never appeared. When I was looking for some prices on chamfered architrave it was on the page

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Roundels is heraldry or aircraft markings to me, never heard them called bulleyes either,only windows called that.

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

As Sospan, Roundels or Bullseyes, used a fair few over the years!:cool:

8. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Yep, used to have a big box of them but used them up over the years and the local salvage yard stopped doing stuff like that ages ago. I remembered my neighbour had a cutter and now have a box full again

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select