One hundred pounds...

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by unphased, Jul 22, 2015.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

...I answered. The question was, how much approximately would it cost?

"A hundred pounds! a hundred pounds! omg, I didn't think it would be that much, a hundred pounds! We just pensioners we can't afford that. Oh we'll have to think about that, omg, a hundred pounds! We've bought the socket from Wickes, you only need to drill a hole through the wall. A hundred pounds!"

:)

I think what she was trying to say is "I can't afford you, I will have to rip off another spark to install it cheap." :)

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

everyone is always after something for nothing arent they. i love it when people say things like all you have to do. it would be so easy to reply well if you know what to do, how come you are asking me!

3. Derek.K

Derek.K New Member

what people dont understand, they don't - or rather cannot - value. My son is a programmer and he struggles even more with people like this, because with digital stuff you don't even get to see the work in your hand, it's all 'hidden in the back-end'...

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I recently got a call.

" hello are you the plumber, I need you to come and do a five minute job for me", I put the phone down as I knew no good was coming from that call, :(

FatHands likes this.
  5. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I think that is the polite version Tom.:)
    The trouble is some people haven't kept up with the massive inflation we have had since WW2. I remember when a cup of tea in a café was two and a half old pence and a cup of coffee was four old pence. Now if you want to throw money away you can spend five pounds on a cup of coffee so the wife tells me. :eek:
    If you want something you just have to pay the price. The only thing I have bought recently which really stuck in my craw was a double size battery for my Panasonic camcorder at £90.:eek:

6. FatHands

classic! :D

7. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Love the "can you look at my fence it only needs a nail............." jobs:rolleyes:

FatHands likes this.
  8. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

It usually not the money but the magic they want you to perform. Went to a job yesterday and she wanted 6 downlights in a refurbished kitchen. They have just bought the house and it had a horrible match board ceiling and upstairs was a tiled bathroom. She just couldn't get the fact that either the floor had to come up or the ceiling down, she just expected us to magic the lights into position. I wouldn't mind but the builders are in and have just knocked through to the dining room, bricks and rubble everywhere, anyway eventually the ceiling is down and we then spend most of the day sorting out the abortion of cables above it.

9. FatHands

i think you have hit the nail on the head there pete. magic is something people think is associated with a lot of jobs they need doing!

10. PaulBlackpool

She probably calls it electrickery;)

FatHands likes this.
  11. FatHands

;) :D

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Q,,, How many electricians does it take to change a lightbulb?

A,,,, Only one,, but you need a complete re-wire. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

parahandy and teabreak like this.
  13. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Slowly going commercial and industrial now, cannot be doing with silly folk wanting it all done with no disruption and cheap

Ta-da

14. stu1312

stu1312 Member

Attached Files:

15. FatHands

Ha ha love that ghost!

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Someone is going to get a telling off in the morning.

17. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Ha ha ......brilliant ghost and so so true

Catch it while you can folks cause it ain't gonna be there in the morning :p

18. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

Nope.....it's gone, and I have had the slap on the legs.

19. PaulBlackpool

Ah! now I see what has been happening :D

20. sams

sams Member

i went to price fitting 4 downlighters in a new refurbished bathroom, i commented on how good the tiling was, Yes she replied hes expensive but we dont mind paying as he dose a great job,

"how much i asked"

well it took him 2 days and charged £850 she replied

I gave her my price of £150.

you can imagine how shocked she was,

" sorry but we will have to give the lights a miss"