online trading platforms a ripp off....Is anyone else signed up to booka builder.co.uk??

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by alxroofer, Sep 5, 2016.

1. alxroofer

alxroofer New Member

Hi to all, new member here so apologies if this is is not the right place for post.
    I recently hounded by calls from "bookabuilder.co.uk for days i agreed to sign up.
    i did do a bit of research and thought as they have done some advertising i would give it a go!

So they charge £244.... for 6 months advertising .. not bad if you get at least 1-2 jobs out of it... not 1 inquiry in 3 months!

Then they dont tell you they charge £5 per month for app page ( that you NEED for their services to work) and to top it off they also charge £84 quarterly for (home enhancement page)which has done nothing to help acquire any work, all in the small print!
    They state they do not hold card details.... as they clearly do as they managed to take payment out 2 months later.
    Dont you just love these scamming companies that actually have nothing to offer other than collecting £££?
    Is any one else signed up to them and had any work from their advertising? any good feedback?

2. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

never heard of them.

3. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

It's a scam. They tried it with me, £395 for the year and "guaranteed jobs". Told them to email me details (I never agree to anything over the phone, especially random strangers trying to sell me stuff!), and never heard back from them.

To be fair, I've had a few good jobs from my account at MyBuilder, but similarly I've also had a large amount of time wasters.