Opinions on which 2nd fix nail gun I should choose?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by I Like Timber, Aug 7, 2016.

1. I Like Timber

I Like Timber New Member

I'm looking into purchasing a 2nd fix nail gun soon. I've considered paslode but since dewalt have released a 2nd fix cordless, I already have a cordless dewalt kit. Has anyone had any hands on experience with the dewalt cordless 2nd fix nailer? Any opinions would be welcomed, thanks.

2. yozzer

yozzer Member

Absolutely brilliant mate can't fault it well worth the money

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Dewalt, my Plaslode use to be a right bar-steward in the cold, misfiring,etc.:(

Dewalt, is cheaper to run, no gas to buy.:)

4. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

I bought the Dewalt, and initially had some problems firing the 63mm nails, however I got it serviced under the guarantee and it's now working perfectly.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Nice thing with Dewalt, it's designed to work down to -15 degrees,my Plaslode would have given up long before it got that cold.

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Same with the Bostitch nailer, wouldn't even fire outdoors in the summer - it was on eBay within a few months

7. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

I wouldn't want to be doing second fix at minus 15. :eek:

I'm still pretty happy with my Bostich 16g and Makita 18g air nailers though a new compressor would be nice. :) Have been wondering whether to by a new compressor or a cordless 2nd fix though. Finding I use the 18g 95% of the time as it's rare that I need anything heavier.

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Compressor & air nailer is for the workshop not the site,sadly were not like the usa & their use with the tools, a cordless 2nd fix gives you complete freedom, Dewalt very good.

9. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

I quoted £60 to put up some Trellis against a fence the other day, I did feel slightly embarrassed when it only took me an hour to do it with the Dewalt! :oops::D:D