OPTIMA XM6 INTRUDER ALARM

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by schneid, Jan 23, 2008.

1. schneid

schneid New Member

COULD SOME KIND PERSON SEND ME THE DEFAULT CODE. I HAVE TRIED 0123, 1234 AND 0000 WITHOUT SUCCESS. IT JUST KEEPS ON RINGING UNTIL I SWITCH THE POWER OFF

2. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

user code is 0123, engineers 9999, unless changed.
    to reset power up and press reset twice within 5 seconds.
    i think ;)

3. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

It is 0123 as it will tell you in the manual, the XM stores codes in an NVM so any code which has been susequently programmed into the system will stay there until you reset the NVM.

Powering the panel down will not clear the codes.

4. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

to reset power up and press reset twice within 5
    seconds.
    i think ;)

Don't think that works on the XM6 Audi, I think you have to short terminal 9 and 19 together during power up.

5. Krusty the Clown

Krusty the Clown New Member

to reset power up and press reset twice within 5
    seconds.
    i think ;)

Don't think that works on the XM6 Audi, I think you
    have to short terminal 9 and 19 together during power
    up.

Correct for the most part Oliver but the terminals to be shorted ( after removing all wiring to them) are 13 and 23, then after power up remove the link and replace the original wiring to terminals 13 and 23

6. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

Correct for the most part Oliver but the terminals
    s to be shorted ( after removing all wiring to them)
    are 13 and 23, then after power up remove the link
    and replace the original wiring to terminals 13 and 23

Cheers Krusty, it's been a long time since I crashed an Optima, I remeber it was something to do with set+ and PA but terminal numbers were a bit awry!

Hope the OP didn't take my advice and blow the panel! That would be a waste of £19-99 for a new one!

7. schneid

schneid New Member

THANK YOU OLIVER AND CRUSTY! YOUR ADVICE PROVED TO BE 100% CORRECT AND THE SYSTEM IS NOW WORKING ON THE MANUFACTURER CODE.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO TELL ME HOW I PROGRAM MY OWN NEW CODE. I DON'T HAVE AN INSTRUCTION BOOK

8. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

Try the following "Prog" "old code (0123) "new code" "new code" "reset" "reset".

That should work. Obviouslyif you change your code then wanrt to change it again replace 0123 with whatever code you are changing from.

9. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

"Prog" "old code (0123)" "8" "new code" "reset" "reset".

innit?

10. cheggers

cheggers New Member

cliffy you are correct

11. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

"Prog" "old code (0123)" "8" "new code" "reset"
    "reset".

innit?

Yes Cliffy you are correct as are you Cheggers, it's been a long time since I worked on an Optima.

My apologies to the OP.

12. Chris Stevenson

Chris Stevenson New Member

Hi,

My neighbour has this same alarm, however we had a power cut, which led to the internal battery being depleated until the alarm shutdown. I've installed a new backup battery for them (the old one was over 7 years old), but on powering up the system the alarm sounds and will not stop, even after entering the users code and pressing reset. Am I right in thinking that the alarm has crashed, and that I need to reset the thing by jumpering the 2 connections as described previously in this thread? Will that re-set the user code back to the default factory setting?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, Chris

13. Krusty the Clown

Yep, do it as described and you will have reset the panel to factory defaults ( user code 0123, engineers code 99999)

14. Krusty the Clown

Ooops one too many nines on that engineers code, it should read 9999!!

15. Don't know if all you guys are still practicing, maybe long since retired but I wish to thank you for this information.
    My XM6 panel crashed last night after a 5 second power interruption!
    Having withdrawn all forms of communication, I was searching the net for the dratted manual or some form of help.
    Not yet attempted the revival, but hopefully it will get it working again.
    I have created a pdf of this thread for others who might be similarly afflicted!
    Hope its useful to someone, and thanks again!

Attached Files:

16. Update:
    For anyone concerned, I've just completed the re-set and also changed the default code back to my original setting, all working brilliantly now!
    Thanks again to the guys who provided the information and hope my pdf helps others. ;)

Vin likes this.
  17. Another question for you guys:
    I want to include my detached garage in the protection provided by my Optima XM6.
    Since a hard wired solution would involve excavating my concrete driveway, I was hoping to find a "Wireless" solution, perhaps a wireless PIR suitably positioned in the garage signalling to a wireless switch unit in or near the "Optima box" wired across the "NC" terminals to a spare "Zone".

In its quiescent state, the switch would be closed and in the event of movement detected by the Garage PIR, the switch would be wirelessly opened triggering the alarm.
    The only thing I can't figure is a "Tamper" pair which would normally be included in a "hard wired zone", but since the connection is wireless, there is no possibility of cutting the zone wiring which, as I understand is the purpose of a "Tamper Pair".

Wadaya think?
    ..possible or is there a better solution?
    The signalling distance between the Optima box in the house and the sighting point for the wireless PIR would be approx. 20ft.
    Obstructed of course by the house cavity wall and the garage's 2" precast panel!

Long shot, but is there maybe an off the shelf hardware solution?
    G

18. captaincaveman

captaincaveman New Member

Hi guys. Old thread I know but if you're still monitoring, I've dug up a installation manual (attached) that says to bridge 9 & 19, rather than 13 & 23 as advised above. Is this because it's an older model do you know?

Attached Files: