OSB2 Cladding and Primer?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by meowork, Sep 19, 2014.

1. meowork

meowork Member

Hi,
    New to forum.
    Iv'e some really rotten window frames in the free-standing garage but have managed to make good the frame. For current financial reasons I have decided to board the opening with OSB. I have some OSB2 which isnt as good as OSB3 of course (waterproof etc). Once I have put the board over the opening I plan to use some UPVC Clad panels I have to cover the board. I still think I need to seal the OSB2 in case there is some moisture build up or slight water gathering over time. The question is as follows please:-
    "What could I use to seal the board before I add the clad?. Could I use normal gloss paint (which I have) as I am working to a small budget OR do I need to prime the wood which would then not need any other paint covering?".
    There may be other suggestions ref sealing that may be better (cheap please). Also should I put some mastic (or any other suggestions please) around the edge of board where it meets the brickwork?
    Thanks...
    M