Out of interest

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by T-dog1968, Sep 29, 2016.

1. T-dog1968

T-dog1968 New Member

What does it cost you as an electrician once you've finished a job, to then phone up/ online register an installation?

Be good to hear back from you.

2. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

£3 for the notification if a member of a competent person scheme. (plus another £3 for the insurance-backed warranty, these are niceic figures, not sure if all the other schemes are the same.

3. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Plus your time to complete certification and do the submition. Many companies add it on to an invoice as an "administrative" charge.

4. T-dog1968

T-dog1968 New Member

Appreciate it takes time to fill out etc, Would i be right in thinking £200 is a bit excessive on top of the cost of the installation?

5. Lectrician

It could cost that if they had to get building control to sign it off as they were not registered to self certify.

They should have made this clear though.

6. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

Why would the Electriciam be notifying Building Control?

7. Lectrician

Some sparks don't believe in the schemes and notify notifiable jobs through BC. Other sparks have to until registered. I've seen builders do the wiring too, and then realise they need to get it signed off, and they use BC.

8. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

That's what the Local Authority charge so why shouldn't we? Its not excessive when you put in to context the paperwork involved and the overheads it puts on the business. People are always moaning about prices.

9. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

It depends on whether you expect to get any repeat business or recommendations from the client.
    I include it in the quote, the thing is we have to do the EIC anyway so another 15 minutes to do an on-line notification is no problem is it!

10. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

Thing is, it's not the Electrician's responsibility to notify, it's the housholder's, or person ordering the work.
    So why is the Electrician notifying, if they have not already discussed doing so with the client?

11. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I got the impression T-dog1068 isn't a spark but has been hit with the bill!

12. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

If the electrician is a member of a CPS (NICEIC, etc) then it IS his responsibility to notify. But he notifies to the CPS scam, who then notify the works to the LABC. The CPS scam also sends a Certificate of Completion directly to the customer.