Pacific Flush Valve

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by How?, Feb 7, 2009.

1. GKU

GKU New Member

How? , ok , stop * about wiv that carp valve and bin it , its very unlikely that you're gonna get spares for it mate . Replace it wiv a FLUIDMASTER flapper valve , you can get them wiv 2" and 1.5" outlets , they are way better than the thing you're fighting wiv , far easier to fit and hardly any * about , bin the old carp and put in the Fluidmaster - job done in 15 mins ;)

[Edited by: admin]

2. How?

How? New Member

Ta GKU,

The brain transplant goes to you, but I've only done a couple so far and they didn't work out properly!

3. GKU

GKU New Member

My pleasure mate , they really aint worth geting your 4rse in a cramp over . You can get the Fluidmasters in any Plumbers merchants , S/Fix , B&Q etc , etc , absolute doddle to install and virtually nothing to go wrong wiv em except the "flapper" which you can get almost anywhere as well ... laters mate ;)

4. How?

How? New Member

Ta,

S/fix do part no 98552 which is 2 inch with top button, and 50692 which is 1.5 inch with handle.

If I need a 1.5 inch with top button, do you know if sfix do them, or can I combine them, Flapper valve from the 1.5 inch, top button from the 2 inch?

5. mantor

mantor New Member

Ta GKU,

The brain transplant goes to you, but I've only done a couple so far and they didn't work out properly!

There's a few on here who would benefit greatly from your services.

6. GKU

GKU New Member

It don't look like S/FIX have got the one you want , I've got exactly what you're looking for in my downstairs WC , got it from B&Q (1.5" outlet wiv a top push button), they are quite easy to get hold of ;)

7. GKU

GKU New Member

And yes you can combine them if you have no other options , the handle or button only connects with the flapper by a piece of chain , but you should'nt have any problems getting what you want , good luck

8. How?

How? New Member

Many thanks again GKU,

You put the likes of Cap'n and others to shame!

I'll fit it tomorrow,

9. Bonedry

Bonedry New Member

HOW?

As has been said you cannot get washers for Pacific valves unless you want to paya fortune for them.

The B&Q valves that have been mentioned are £13 and come with a 1.5" or a 2" fitting in the pack.

Good luck

10. GKU

GKU New Member

Bonedry - very true , but there aint a drop valve on the market as good as a Fluidmaster "Flapper" , the reason its better than any of the drop valves is its simplicity , the only working part on it is the flapper , many of the drop valves can be a pain in the 4rse ,I never use drop valves now , always Fluidmasters , they're good quality , spares are readily available (should you ever need it) there are many variants and as said previously they are an absolute doddle to fit , I never bother wiv anything else nowadays , drop valves aint in the same league :)

11. GKU

GKU New Member

Bonedry - I think I may have mis-read your post mate - apologies :(

12. petrolhead

petrolhead New Member

I replaced my pacific with a dual flush valve NP231 from allbits * cost £12.76. easiest replacement I have ever done.

[Edited by: admin]